Good Mechanics in Fort Lauderdale area ???

Topawam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello everybody,
That's it, my "new to me" 96 GTS is here !!! With 8100 miles, I would like to have it totally checked before to cruise around. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Saleen-Explorer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey whats up, were still looking at Vipers right now. But I had a thread on here a while ago about good techs for the Viper scince I've read bad stuff on the Dodge Dealers closer to me, and if you search on here you might find it. Somebody recommended a Dodge Dealer in Hollywood I think, but I can't remember who he said to speak to (it's somewhere on that thread though)

I live in Boca Raton by the way, your in Ft Lauderdale?

EDIT - Found the thread, CLICK HERE!!! , hope that helps you.

Reaction score
Or if you don't need a dealer....there is Doug Levin. Also Sean Roe and Larry Macedo down that way (but I don't know exactly where...sorry). :) Sean may be further North????

Saleen-Explorer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or if you don't need a dealer....there is Doug Levin. Also Sean Roe and Larry Macedo down that way (but I don't know exactly where...sorry). :) Sean may be further North????
Did you fix my post lol, thanks, couldn't figure out how to get the link smaller. I was wondering about Doug also, I don't know why I didn't think of him to service a Viper like a regular dealer, especially with all the work he does. I think I'd trust him more then the dealers here (besides the Holloywood one that appears to be good), then I'll be able to check out all the moster Vipers there, heh.

Cool, now I know I can go to him also. But I think Larry is located somewhere around Tampa/Orlando, and I think Sean is located in Jacksonville.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't help with the mechanic question, but can make a few suggestions to make new ownership more enjoyable (and longer lasting):

1) Welcome to the fun of torque and HP, and your loss of aninimity on the road.
2) Be sure to join the VCA - 800-998-1110 ;)
3) Remember, cold tires are NOT your friends.... cold tires plus lead foot have ended in many accidents for new owners.... your new car has more torque at idle than 90% of the cars on the roads have as "Max" torque.
4) Be careful of gawkers, they will do silly things around you that could easily lead to an accident.
5) Driving schools are worth every penny!

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Don't forget Sean Roe (Roe Racing) in Jacksonville.

OP
OP
T

Topawam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you all for your tips.
Becoming a member is my next step. After that, and a little bit of cruising around, Driving school is on the list...
I just received my license plate, I'm going for a ride...
Hihaaa !!! :cool: