Good news, bad news-update

riverflyer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mendocino, on the lovely North coast of California
I want to thank all of the many viper members who sent me emails and posted their blessings and kind words. We were very sore for a few days but seem to be fine now, and enjoyed a true holiday of Thanksgiving.
The car is still getting sorted out but I have learned an interesting piece of auto insurance protocol that I thought I would pass on. It turns out that if you crash a car trying to avoid an animal(or probably a human as well!) that the accident is considered your fault and will trigger the collision aspect of the policy with rates rising etc etc. If, however, you hit the animal, then it is no longer your fault and is considered a comprehensive claim and act of nature. Well with a lowered viper taking on a deer head on might very well result with the animal in your lap, with lots of possible very dangerous results. I was trying my best to avoid the animal but under close inspection by the insurance adjuster, they did find some deer hairs and my accident will be considered an act of nature and a comprehensive claim, which will save me considerably. I will let you know how the insurance claim progresses as this is mostly new for me and I am sure there will be lots of valuable information for any one having an accident. Glad to be here writing my tale! John

Reaction score
Good to hear you are all doing better! With Thanksgiving behind us and Christmas around the corner, lets hope things keep getting better for you. :)

OP
OP
R

riverflyer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mendocino, on the lovely North coast of California
Sure are some sad days seeing that empty spot in the garage and I do miss cranking up the snake and shaking things up a bit. Well this is one way to keep the gas bill down! Anybody coming up to Mendocino, stop by and give me a ride, cause I am jonesin'.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreatWhiteKAC