Good price for a 98 RT/10?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When they start selling modified/supercharged GTSs <20Kmi in the $20s I'll be building another Viper garage for it.

Ted

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Ted.....wonder if the announcement to stop producing Vipers after 2010 will impact pricing at all. It also says they will be introducing another one in a few years, but who knows the way corporations think.

I will tell you, after reading a number of your posts, I am sort of second guessing my decision to get a bone stock, low mileage RT. I think I would have been fine with a 25k mile modded RT or GTS.

I had planned to modify the RT as I went along, but with the economy having tanked this year, all plans for modifications are now off. Hence, if it was already in the car when I bought it, wouldn't be a problem now.....:dunno:

Oh well, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Think I would consider trading my car for something more modified that has more miles (not too many more)...to make it an even up trade. I know that can be a chancy thing to do, but I know my car is good.....

Oh well, just listening to myself talk.

Thanks again....and, of course, I use your car as the benchmark for what I might have wanted.

:2tu:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If Viper production stops for a year (like '07) it won't matter much and changes would be temporary, unless the new Viper was unpopular. It is possible that Fiat could ruin the gas mileage and "improve" the Viper while slowing it down to a Ferrari's speed? Raise the price accordingly?

I'd start looking for a replacemnet for the GTS I now have instead of waiting until I needed one.

Vipuronr, thanks. The Government rules cause bad parts to be installed on all cars and that's why I feel the need to improve all my cars. Burn my legs because of TOXIC metal cannisters that ruin gas mileage (add emmissions) makes no sense. One Volcano equals 100 years of the worlds auto emmissions and we've had a half dozen volcanic eruptions during the last 20 years? But Government has become about Lip Service and "what I accomplished when I was in power" and not about improving our world. Cheap car in Cda is $15,000 plus about $5,000 in taxes, dealer prep and insurance. China - $2,000 Our economy is mostly TAXES, TAXES TAXES.

Yes, if you buy a modded car the beig advantage is to get it after the tune and all parts are working together perfectly. Buy the one that sounds like you want it too. Pick the wheels, brakes etc already on the car. In the old days, cars were modified for racing and we did. Now, if you drive your stock Viper ******* the street you'll go to jail. Modifications don't mean the car gets abused anymore. My car was dragged and won trophies etc. when Tony owned it, but since I've bought it I've only done a few AutoXs, hp driving course, and a few highspeed road course runs. Mostly, I've added 30,000 miles of gentle 80mph highway driving. Car is in much better shape than when I bought it and then it was "like new". Now it has ported heads, Bluetooth, built-in SRX radar detector/laser scrambler, HIDs, etc. I'm glad that you agree with my choice of upgrades. I do love the car!

Since mods usually don't change the value of Vipers very much you should put a word in with Chuck Tator, Bill Pemberton, Premier Auto etc. and I'm sure they'd give you a screaming deal on trading up to a modified Viper for a few thou.? I know that HSSSSS just bought a second supercharged 01 supercharged Yellow GTS for his wife. There are deals out there and if you find the car you want (except mine) the owner may sell and trade for your stock one as stock may be more desireable for selling than modified. Many owners put their Vipers back to stock when selling, expecially if they're supercharged.

Ted

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting thoughts, Ted. Haven't really thought much about trading the car for something modded. I'll have to think about it and maybe ask Chuck next time I speak with him.

Thanks....

Peter

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, I really do like the (my) RT....the low look especially from the back. My issue is that now that I spent the time to find a clean, low mileage, bone stock car (within my budget) last year, I am now feeling the itch of wanting more... especially after attending some of our larger events.

In another time, I would have no qualms pouring money into my car. But for me now, house, beautiful wife, two young kids, and a bad economy, it is difficult for me to even think about doing anything other than very minor changes to my car....boo hoo for me! Love my life, so in the broader scheme of things, this is a very smallllllll thing!

Trading is the only other alternative and I am not sure how viable it is. My fear, even if a member of VCA, is that I would actually be trading down....getting a modded car, but one in generally less "good" condition and higher mileage. Mileage has never been a major concern of mine but thought, since I didn't plan on using much, I should actually look for a low mileage car.

Sorry for the long post, hope I'm not induldging myself too much.

All opinions, positive and negative are welcome!:2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang