Good source for HRE wheels for Viper?

CuHead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Any recommendations on where to get a fair deal on 19/20" HRE wheels for the '06 Viper? I am looking for black centers with chrome lips. Haven't decided exactly which model yet. If anybody has pics of similiar ones, please refer me. Thanks!

Dawg2Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any recommendations on where to get a fair deal on 19/20" HRE wheels for the '06 Viper? I am looking for black centers with chrome lips. Haven't decided exactly which model yet. If anybody has pics of similiar ones, please refer me. Thanks!

Ryan Woon at Wide Open Throttle Motorsports.
www.wotm.com

Tell him Jim Leiferman sent you - he'll cut you a break. Sal has used him as well.

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are pics of my HRE 542R in flat black with polished lip in 19/20s. My rear wheels are 20x13.5 Most people only do 13" like the stock wheels, with my 13.5 the rear lip is larger then on the other setup. Send me a message, i will let you know where i got them from.

You must be registered for see images

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
jon b partsrack

THANKS for suggesting a VCA sponsor - Web sponsor.

Our Pre-Post VOI sale will likely be your lowest price quote, 'below wholesale'
We also take undamaged VIPER WHEEL TRADES.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Any recommendations on where to get a fair deal on 19/20" HRE wheels for the '06 Viper? I am looking for black centers..

PartsRack can do the above 19-20 / black center in 6 styles UNDER $4300. No MisPrint. HRE 19-20 under $4300. Even LE$$ with trade-in. We should talk tires beforehand.....supply vs size issues w/ 20"

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
save yourself some time and expense. In searching for the best HRE deal I contacted Wheels Performance, Ryan Woon and Parts Rack all very knowledgeable and highly recommended.

Jon B beat the others by 10% when paying by check and was able to get me the new C series wheels and tires in under 3 weeks.

No need to call him, unlike the others he responds to E mails expeditiously.

If you catch Jon on a day one someone rants on the VCA forum, about his telephone manners, you may get extra special pricing. It worked for me. :2tu:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are pics of my HRE 542R in flat black with polished lip in 19/20s. My rear wheels are 20x13.5 Most people only do 13" like the stock wheels, with my 13.5 the rear lip is larger then on the other setup. Send me a message, i will let you know where i got them from.

I still love your SRT!!

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jon B!
Nothing else to say if you want the best price and fastest service on anything he sells. Ordered a new set of SSR's today with the rears mounted with drag radials and wanted them here on Friday, no problem! He got on the phone with Luke@tirerack and got everything organized along with the e-brake relocate kit I needed to be here Friday in about 10 minutes time. Next purchase will be a set of HRE 543's black center/polished lip in 18/18 sizes and they definately will be from Jon B.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Big lip is cool..but how stretched is that side wall? Does the rim protecter on the tire make it past the edge of the lip?

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big lip is cool..but how stretched is that side wall? Does the rim protecter on the tire make it past the edge of the lip?

The tire is a bit streached, i personally like the look better then having a very square sidewall. Not to much rim protection from the tire. Just gotta drive careful. Your pretty much screwed anyway if you hit something and rely only on the rubber for rim protection on these with a small sidewall.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your pretty much screwed anyway if you hit something and rely only on the rubber for rim protection on these with a small sidewall.

true true. Looks real good in the pics.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the standard 13" rim the tire has no protection for the rim at all...

9384DSC03992-med.JPG

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the standard 13" rim the tire has no protection for the rim at all...

Does the tire not extend almost a quarter inch past the edge or the rim? It looks like it does from the picture you posted...and I know it does on mine.

It's true it doesn't offer much protection but the benefit is there....that's the reason they made them that way.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Slightly but there is no way a 1/4 lip of rubber is going to protect the rim with the weight of a 3300 pound car in motion.

You can see it in this pic - Sorry for the size this is the ony pic you can see the bead on the tire that extends past the lip of the ***

9384DSC03997.JPG

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960