Good time for service at DC Performance!

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Big brother has really been breathing down our back the last few years. Los Angeles is not very pro-small business. With handicap rules, parking restrictions, new window requirements and more, we have had to spend thousands to recomply and they want us to spend about 30k more!

We are considering a move at the end of the year and are looking at other locations, so now is the time to get your cars in for that winter tune-up or engine upgrade.

Stay tuned for more info!

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We could certainly use you up here in the Bay Area, but it sounds like you want to vacate Kalifornia altogether and I certainly couldn't blame you. I don't think things are going to get any better very soon as evident by the recent elections. The whole nation shifted right and Kalifornia lurched even further left!
But we would love to have you!

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would hate to see Dan leave SoCal, but would understand. There are no legal turbo Vipers in California. Only the Paxton has a CARB(Califoria Air Resource Board?) number. If you fart you probably need a permit for the output.

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Dan, Come to the "Other" LA. And you won't have to worry about that stuff over here.We've got the best Politicans Money can buy, and you can vote as many times as you like.:lmao::lmao::lmao:

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan,

You might consider Las Vegas as it's not that far from your base in So Cal and we have no state income tax. Of course, there are not nearly as many Vipers here as there are in So Cal and most of the Vipers in town are not in the Viper Club so you'd have to seek them out...

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or move to Vegas and offer a pickup and delivery service with an enclosed trailer for your customers. Cover all of SoCal like nobody else :2tu:

Say what you want about the "freedoms" of the other 49 States, there is something magical about California :cool:

Good luck,
George

OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for all the thoughts and suggestions. We are still looking and have an option to stay were we are. Other thoughts we had were Torrance and Orange County, we also have considered a satellite location to service customers who cannot come this far.

Any suggestions or if anyone has a suitable property, let us know.

It is really a shame that Los Angeles is so unfriendly to small businesses.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dan didn't get a chance to talk to you Friday afternoon about this post. It would be terrible for us if you guys were to leave. I know LA has been making it tough to do business. Maybe come to the OC, lot's of shops in Huntington Beach and the city seems to be automotive friendly. For me, I'd love to see you guys take over the closed Capistrano CDJ down here.

Best wishes in whatever you decide, see you Monday. Mike

OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well we have decided to bite the bullet and conform to the new regulations mandated by the state for our facility.

New regulations require us to have a tree farm beside the building and all cars must be enclosed in a bubble. We will have a Hazmat team onsite for any oil spills and the Air Resources Board will have sensors attached to the dyno ventilation.

On a good note, a smoking designated area will be set up for customers a few block away.

Wish us luck and support us!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dan, NJ is still waiting for you to put up a tent here and do biz.....

NJ is not THAT bad with regs.

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Ford dealership in Vacaville was shut down by the FBI, money problems of some sort, don't know the whole story. They did leave a nice big empty building with lifts and bays for all sorts of Viper work to be accomplished. Come on up, I volunteer to be your first customer! Would love to have you in the area, take care. Jeff

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well we have decided to bite the bullet and conform to the new regulations mandated by the state for our facility.

New regulations require us to have a tree farm beside the building and all cars must be enclosed in a bubble. We will have a Hazmat team onsite for any oil spills and the Air Resources Board will have sensors attached to the dyno ventilation.

On a good note, a smoking designated area will be set up for customers a few block away.

Wish us luck and support us!

Thats just crazy. Cars must be in an enclosed bubble...:omg: