Got into it with a TT Porsche

anunakki

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright, I was cruising around doing some deep thinking on the freeway about midnight when a silver TT Porsche, the newest one with the big inlet behind the door) pulls up next to me and give the 'head nod'.

I was doing about 70 in 3rd when he gave the 'go ahead' and we were neck in neck until I shifted to 4th when i pulled ahead by about a car length or so. I continued to slowly pull further ahead until we hit about 140 when there was a wall of taillights in front of us.

Anyway... I was surprised. I thought I had been reading that a TT Porsche would eat me alive ( Only Mods I have are K&Ns, Smooth Tubes and 3" Corsas-so that doesnt mean much).

Did the guy not push it or?? :confused:

Hisser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can bet he was doing the best he could. I have had 2 of them mess with me but on the highway where you are evenly matched against him since the TT is all wheel drive. You are about right, they can almost keep up but not quit. I have never gone against one at a stop because they will take you off the line because of the all wheel drive and the torque of the Viper not letting you pounce on it at a light. My Viper is basically stock except for exhaust, tubes and filters.

S

SUN RA KAT

<font color="yellow">YELLOW! YELLOW! YELLOW! </font>

OP
OP
A

anunakki

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Um.. I didnt mean the freeway.. theres no way I'd exceed the posted speed limit.. I forgot I was on the track when he pulled up.

My bad

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I got into it with the Cal Highway Patrol, but I let him win! Then I let him give me a ticket for 90. Ouch!

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can bet he was doing the best he could. I have had 2 of them mess with me but on the highway where you are evenly matched against him since the TT is all wheel drive. You are about right, they can almost keep up but not quite. I have never gone against one at a stop because they will take you off the line because of the all wheel drive and the torque of the Viper not letting you pounce on it at a light. My Viper is basically stock except for exhaust, tubes and filters.

It is possible to beat a TT Porsche AWD off the line. I have done it against a guy that I know drives the car to the limit. He launched at 6,000 RPM and let it rip. I started at about 2,500 RPM, slipped the clutch and was gone. I do not think I could do that 10 times out of 10, I bet Jamie Furman could though. Paolo

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright, I was cruising around doing some deep thinking on the freeway about midnight when a silver TT Porsche, the newest one with the big inlet behind the door) pulls up next to me and give the 'head nod'.

I was doing about 70 in 3rd when he gave the 'go ahead' and we were neck in neck until I shifted to 4th when I pulled ahead by about a car length or so. I continued to slowly pull further ahead until we hit about 140 when there was a wall of taillights in front of us.

Did the guy not push it or?? :confused:

Anunakki, You pulled him by a car when he had to do one more shift than you did. Going through the gears, his gears are shorter for his lower torque/hp motor. From what I remember, the Porsche has to go 3rd,4th,5th while you only need to go 3rd,4th. That extra shift is where that car length came from. From some independent closed track tests, when the Porsche AWD TT and GTS go from a 120 MPH roll on up, they are almost dead even all the way up to 170-180 MPH with the GTS having a slight advantage by the top. This assumes stock to stock. And even though the GTS has just as much RWHP and definitely more RW torque than the AWD TT, I think the AWD TT Porsche has less frontal area and drag than the Viper. This is why 120-the top is so close where the better driver can spank the Porsche instantly and at will up to about 120.