Got my 01 ACR at invoice...

David

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello all,

got my '01 ACR at invoice. Sticker was 90.1K for sapphire blue, silver stripes, clear coat and comfort group. Including full DaimlerChrysler 7 yr 50K mile no deductible warrantee and delivery by Reliable Carriers to my front door, total damages came to 87077.82 (without delivery and extended warrantee it came out to about 83K). The car arrived with a light coating of wax for the trip, a topped off tank, a fully charged battery and protective body tape on the air dam. Darrel & Veleta Boedigheimer of Reliable Carriers did a perfect transport job.

I ordered the car from John Page at Mark Roberts Motors. Their Web page is www.autoinvoice.com -- their phone number is (800) 375-5377. John Page did a great job, calling me up periodically to let me know how the car was progressing through the job order codes. During business travelling, I had John delay shipment from Mark Roberts Motors for a month so that I could be at home for delivery. They must have kept the car on a battery tender as the car arrived with a full charge. John provided lots of information on the car and first class service. I give John Page at Mark Roberts Motors and their Viper tech five stars for their performance. Ditto for Darrel and Veleta of Reliable Carriers.

My decision to buy was triggered by the 2002 Viper concept car. Yuck! It's to be expected... Most car models evolve, and not always for the better. I mean, which would you rather have, a Bugeye Sprite or a Mark IV Sprite? Sure, the Mark IV had a bigger and better engine, sharper and more angular lines, a better suspension and a conventional hood (the Bugeye had a rearward tilting clamshell). But, the Mark IV wasn't a Bugeye -- the Bugeye had those classic curved lines which spoke clearly without deliberation. There are only a few such cars which stick in my memory... The original Thunderbird, the '63 Corvette Stingray, the AC Cobra, Ford's GT40, and of course the joyous Bugeye. And so too, I submit, the Gen I and Gen II RT10 and GTS Vipers. I'm sure I've left off a plethora of brilliant designs, and my apologies for leaving them out. But, to make a long tirade short, the 2002 Viper concept car was not an icon in my mind. It's a nice design. But, it didn't burn it's image into my brain like the early Vipers did. History will tell if the Gen III cars will become the icons that the earlier cars did. But, if history repeats itself, as it often does, well I wouldn't count on it...

Get the original Viper while you still can...

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome!

I would love to see your car, are you going to join our local club? If so, I'll see you at one of the events!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whiteinf05