Got my car back today!!

Jsparks

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I got my Viper back today and......................not sure yet. Under the hood looks pretty good. I will post pics in a day or so. Some of the fit and finish isn't great (hose wraps and such) but not bad at all. The side sills were mounted over my trim on the runner but Tony said they would fix it when I had to final tune done. Everything else looks good and the rims are f***in sweet

I didn't really like the fact they were driving it around in this winter weather considering he told me he would trailer it to and back from places but no apparent damage to the exterior.

The new exhaust and headers are still burning off the coating so it stinks. Should burn off soon I hope.

He has put the base SCT tune in the computer and told me things would be fine until I had the final tune done. I wanted to take it early so I can figure out how I want the final tune done. (Still nervous to let him tune it) I drove it today for about 10 to 15 miles and it runs good. It pulls very strong in the low rpms and no problems with driveability so far. No funny smells (except the headers) no popping or flat spots...... I was very hesitant to get on it because it hasn't been dyno tuned and his tuning numbers seem way too lean for me. I will def. have it dyno tuned before I spool up the charger. I pulled it in the garage and checked for leaks and none to be found. I let her sit for 10 minutes or so and then I fired it up again to let my wife hear the new exhaust. Smoke came pouring out of the exhaust and I shut it off. Grey smoke so I thinks it's a little rich..and I could smell the fuel. I fired it up again 10 min later and no smoke. A little smoke when I revved it up so I figure it rich. Worse case I foul a set of plugs but at least no BOOM! From my understanding I should be looking for 11.5 to 1 on the fuel at wot and he it telling me he wants 13 to 1........with 8lbs of boost. I did see a dyno on an 05 making 522hp no boost and was from 12.7-13.2 at wot. I will doing some calling before I have it tuned.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
id check with some people who know but 13:1 at WOT is NOT how id want MY car tuned.....

Reaction score
The MAX you will want to see is 12:1 at 6000 rpm, you will be a bit richer through the midrange 11.3:1-11.7:1. That is what I consider a safe tune.

OP
OP
J

Jsparks

Viper Owner
Reaction score
this not my car but it is exactly what my car looks like....

I will have my pics up as soon as I get some better weather

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS