Got my reflashed controller back from DC Performance

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, here is another way to eliminate the popping for the most part. Add a extra throttle spring to the linkage to make sure the throttle is closed completely and not hanging slightly open. Also we add a small .006 shim between the rubber throttle stop and the linkage to raise the rpm up a little bit. We crazy glue it to the rubber stop button. This has worked quite well a reducing the popping.

Tranzow

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How difficult and how much time is involved with removing/installing controller and thermostat? 170 thermostat required with reflash? Keep in mind I live in Phoenix.

Thanks!

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How difficult and how much time is involved with removing/installing controller and thermostat? 170 thermostat required with reflash? Keep in mind I live in Phoenix.

Thanks!

I didnt do the Tstat and its not required, but recomended if you want fans coming on sooner. Mine doesnt run terribly hot and it made great power in midrange after the DC reflash.

It only took me about 15-20 minutes to swap out. I removed the top section of air box, and then you can access the bolts easier to remove computer.and just pushed the radiator hose to side when pulling computer out. Very easy.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As stated above it takes only about 10 to 20 minutes and a 1/4" drive ratchet to change out the ECM. It can be done without removing the air box by removing the lower air box fasteners and the clamp around the throttle body. This will let you move it to the side to gain clearance. the thermostat is another thing all together. you will need to remove the complete air box assembly along with the 4 bolts that hold the cross brace in place so you can move the cross brace out of the way to gain clearance for the removal of the thermostat housing which is held in place by 4 bolts. I think that doing the DC reflash is a waste of time in hotter climates if you do not do the thermostat at the same time as the engine will run between 180-185 degrees, side sills are cooler, the cabin is cooler, and the A/C will be colder. The reflash will also turn on the fan at a cooler temperature and cycle it for a longer period of time thus keeping your engine temp around 180 even while idling. One will also make more power with this cooler thermostat.

We have these thermostats in stock for $49.95 including UPS in the 40 states of the USA. We also can provide you with the DC reflash for $944.95 including the 170 thermostat programed into a brand new ECM.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Most of the "popping" during decelleration is due to a normal lean condition, not a rich one.

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Assuming check engine light on is not normal. Is there any downside to the reflash or increased engine risks? Has anyone expereinced any problems with long term use. I'm thinking of puttting it on 06 coupe.

I also have an '06 Coupe which I'm considering the DC Flash for.

Before I got my Viper I had an '04 SRT Ram which I purchased the DC Stage2 Flash/170 T-stat for. As soon as I installed it I was able to feel the power increase SOTP.
It was on my truck for about 18 months and ~5,000 miles and I never had any problems with it. No CEL's either! All you really need to do is run 91+ octane gas, which I'd assume we all do already anyway.

One other thing. I also had Belanger Long-Tube Headers; high flow cats, and a Magnaflow cat-back on the truck. After the DC Flash install, it still popped like crazy on decel(as it did before the Flash), but it sounded mean as hell!!:cool: