Got The Exhaust Installed....

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's LOUD!!! I did four Borla XR1 mufflers and no cats, which I thought might work. I really think I'm going to have to try something different though. With the cats still there, I think it would sound great, but without them it's really too much. The good thing is that it doesn't have that typical high pitch rasp that most Vipers have. The Borla mufflers give it a really nice, deep tone, but they don't seem to do a whole lot of muffling. I may try some Vortex Cones to see if that makes it bearable. :crazy:

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Definitely agree about the Borla XR1 Sportsman mufflers. I am building a custom 3" exhaust for my 92 1/2 Viper and initially tried just the Borla after a Dynatech High Flow Cat and thought it was too loud. Just added a Moroso Spiral Flow muffler in front of the Borla and it definitely takes some of the bite out of the exhaust noise.

Funny thing was I tried just the Moroso muffler without the Borla and it was only marginally quieter making wonder if the Borla does much at all.

OP
OP
B

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just think the side exhaust is a beating! I really hate it! I like my cars loud, but having it coming out behind you and having it come out right under your ears are two wildly different things! It's MUCH louder!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas