Great News for Pocono fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

larry milo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are invited by Classic Coach and FCA Empire State Region Ferrari club to attend there track event. They are limited on instructors and would prefer drivers with experience. I AM IN! ! !

Classic Coach and FCA Empire State Region present the

FALL POCONO SEASON FINALE
Tuesday, October 5, 2004
1-Day Driving School Track Event
on the Long Course at Pocono International Raceway

Schedule of Events: Gate opens at 6:30 am
Mandatory 8:00 am driver’s meeting
Driving School Track Day at Pocono International Raceway

Host Hotel: Pocono Manor (800) 233-8150. We have negotiated a special rate of $85 per night, double occupancy, including breakfast. Be sure to mention the Ferrari Club when making your reservation. If you have any questions, contact Jim Mariner at Pocono Manor.

REGISTRATION FORM (Please Print Clearly)
Must be postmarked by September 20 for Early Bird Rate

Name(s) ______________________________________________________________________
Street _________________________________ City/State/Zip ___________________________
Phone (h) _____________ (w) _______________ email: _______________________________
Ferrari powered cars only Model __________ Year _________ Color _______
I already have race number ______ on my car
Last time at Pocono I was in Group ____ Green (Novice w/instructor) _____ White (Novice solo)
____ Blue (Intermediate) _____ Red (Experienced)
FEE SCHEDULE: (ALL FEES ARE PER DRIVER/PERSON)
Track Fee (postmarked by 9/20/04) $225.00 $__________
Late Track Fee (postmarked after 9/20/04) $250.00 $__________
TOTAL AMOUNT ENCLOSED $__________
Please make check payable to FCA-ESR and Send to: Bob Coates, 42 Sea Gate Road, Staten Island, New York 10305 (718) 981-8764 (home) or [email protected]

EMERGENCY CONTACT: Name: _______________________________________________
City/State/Zip/Phone_______________________________________

I certify that I have no physical or health conditions that would render me unable to withstand the rigors of driving on the race track or that might jeopardize other people on the track.

OP
OP
L

larry milo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew,

I thought you would be all over this one. What a difference a day makes. Yesterday I thought I wouldn't drive Pocono again until May of '05, but now I only have to wait until October 5th!

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Problem is Monday's and Teusdays are busy days and I already have a business appt. that day.

Don't do this to me.....it's killing me. I'd love the chance to fill up my bottles and whip by some Ferraris again. It's fun to see thier heads spin as they get passed. They hate giving Vipers point-bys....LOL.

Honestly, knowing the way these events have been low on registration, I might play it by ear and see what happens....maybe make a last minute show and pay on the spot.

Andrew

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking about It!!!!Anyone around Western CT or NY area going?? Can my wife bring her 2001 Qvale Mangusta to drive on the track? Its got a Ford Cobra engine! I would like to see it run also!

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will come too, I took the day off for this one.

I dont have a rollbar or other "race stuff" on my car and since I am not "experienced" race car driver, I quess I'm going to be a spectator...? What does "Prefer drivers with experience mean"? Am I out?

I love curvy roads, thats what I do almost every saturday on RT 125.

How much safety equipment I need to drive there?

I have : Helmet, fire extinquisher and 2 balls. What else is needed? :D

And what kind of class will I be put on first time at Poconos? Green/White???
I have driven (not raced) at TX Motor speedway inner track and TX Motor Ranch. (Oh, and the RT 125...)

Lauri

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lauri----Bring your helmet since you have one. Drive at the speed you feel comfortable with. As you get in a few laps you can pick it up a bit!!Enjoy--I loved Texas Speedway!!!! Damn!!!Jury Duty!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: <font color="yellow"> </font>

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats it?
Helmet and $250? Regular open MC helmet OK or does it need to to have certain classification for the track?

In that case I will get rid of the EBC greens and put new stock pads and rotors on car. No need to waste the crossdrilled ones at the track...
I have 2 sets of tires/wheels, both Pilots. Is there a requirement for weardept, one is like new set and other 20-30% left. I would prefer to waste the older ones for now...

Sorry about all these questions, but before I drive the Viper and a support car up to Poconos, I want to be sure I'll be OK to drive there.
Is the number on the application the one I can call for all my questions or can I call someone here at our club? :usa: :2tu:

My work # is (717) 625-1262 in case someone can get in contact with me.

Thanks, Lauri

OP
OP
L

larry milo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lauri,

I am getting the answers to all your questions and I will post and give you a call. I know what our rules are, but I am not sure of there's. I have run with Focner, which is the other Ferrari club, but I have not run with these guys. I will let you know...

OP
OP
L

larry milo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lauri,

This in response to your questions from the people running the event.

"Cars must pass tech inspection (done at the track).

Drivers must wear long sleeves &amp; long pants as well as a helmet in the low speed group. The high speed group requires a driving suit. I have an extra suit that I frequently loan out depending on size requirements.

As for the fee, since the Viper Club really didn't find out about the event until recently, I'm not imposing any sort of late fee penalty, therefore, the registration fee is $225 per driver, not $250.

The Ferrari Club helmet requirement is Snell SA 95 or newer. Sometimes people think they put one over on us and they wear motorcycle helmets or out of date helmets. What they lose sight of is that its their head in the helmet, not mine."

From the FCA club.

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry----Where can i buy a good approved helmet? White preferred so i can have it airbrushed!!!Any links would be appreciated. Have you looked into the Club Motorsports Country Club in Tamworth NH?

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck,

Larry told me that helmetcity is a great place. He advised me that motorcycle helmet is not a correct one. ((and I thought they would be even better than "car" helmets?? I have no idea what the difference is, but I'll find out today when I call helmetcity)

http://www.helmetcity.com/

I am looking at Simpson Bandit... Go with the Snell SA 2000 rating, even if they approve the Snell SA 95.

Lauri

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
larry,
If i can get off work you can count me in. My CC needs the motor broken in. Since i can't seem to sell her might as well drive it.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everything seems to be going south right now.

- Funeral today
- Work stuffed up to my ears (I quess that good?)
- Received front rotor by FedEx instead of rear ones (I
have already 3 sets of front ones and no rears...)
- My support car driver (car with all tools, jacks, tires
etc.) backed out.
- Helmet andf brake pads not arrived yet

This is just great, everything is upside down..

I'll try to order new rotors again and find a driver for my Expedition. If everything fails, I'll still have the day off, but I may not be able to drive at the track (but will be there with Viper).

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK its official.

I never got the rear rotors, so I am out.
Man, I'm mad....

I will however come to Poconos to see you guys running!

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red,

if you give me some time. Ok if i have time to run to my trailer i just might have some new rear rotors...do you want them if i have them. takes little time to swap...you got my number call me...717.766.2039 / 717.648.5651

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Frank for the offer!

Unfortunately I cannot get the car done before Tuesday and I am out of driver for the support car. I will do the preparation next time several weeks ahead.

I will drive the Viper to Poconos, what the heck, at least I can smoke cigars and enjoy pretty cars!!! :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang