Green filters *Warning, they dont fit*

viperpilot99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got part # 2130 which is what it calls for. Tryyed to put them in and just to tall plus not even as wide as the K&N. these are not a exact fit part and not even edge to edge fit! Looks like Ill try those S&Bs that roe is selling. I hope they fit like the k&n?

Warren S

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's strange. I have the Green Filters on my '02 GTS and they fit fine. To first get them to fit just right, I cut those little tabs to whatever length.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We never had any fitment problems with the Green Filters, but one wonders if they got coded wrong. We have had K&Ns, and others , accidentally coded wrong from the factory ( in the past ) and though this is very,very rare, it could have occurred also with the Green Filters. I would send them back or contact the seller and have them check for you. All three ( K & N , Roe, Green ) make quality products and this sounds like a mismatched control number in my humble opinion.

OP
OP
V

viperpilot99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a problem with the K&N's that is forcing everyone to go another route?

Looking to improve and try something different. I think those S&Bs offer an even bigger open area then the k&n's.

OP
OP
V

viperpilot99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We never had any fitment problems with the Green Filters, but one wonders if they got coded wrong. We have had K&Ns, and others , accidentally coded wrong from the factory ( in the past ) and though this is very,very rare, it could have occurred also with the Green Filters. I would send them back or contact the seller and have them check for you. All three ( K & N , Roe, Green ) make quality products and this sounds like a mismatched control number in my humble opinion.

You know that might be it? Two guys here just said they fit great?? This is like 2mm to tall so just to fit them in on top to bottom I need to use a think flat head and and smother it in where the pleated filtration element starts to compress down and warp. Then the element its self is not edge to edge there is a half inch of space left in the box?? The K&n in does not do this, it fits edge to edge all the way with a perfect fit.

OP
OP
V

viperpilot99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's strange. I have the Green Filters on my '02 GTS and they fit fine. To first get them to fit just right, I cut those little tabs to whatever length.

These greens had no tabs. They were ready out of the box???

OP
OP
V

viperpilot99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats the best way to put up pictures? I want to show some shots of the greens next to the k&n in the box.

Warren S

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The part numbers are correct. Did the filters come in sealed clear plastic? Mine did.

I don't know if my pics will still pull up from Imagestation, but here it goes, if you see red "x" then linky no worky...

You must be registered for see images

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid153/paa51409eec434ec20ebaa71ae8231422/f58da69d.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid153/p2a4ff5f5256279732de4296a6b39e97e/f58da6b5.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid153/pc2b40a62d76cdf5d41ac82ae380d60b3/f58da6a5.jpg

OP
OP
V

viperpilot99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The part numbers are correct. Did the filters come in sealed clear plastic? Mine did.

I don't know if my pics will still pull up from Imagestation, but here it goes, if you see red "x" then linky no worky...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid153/paa51409eec434ec20ebaa71ae8231422/f58da69d.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid153/p2a4ff5f5256279732de4296a6b39e97e/f58da6b5.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid153/pc2b40a62d76cdf5d41ac82ae380d60b3/f58da6a5.jpg

Cool pics and yes sealed like you say but mine do not have those tabs as I say? You have them sticking out but these dont have anything that sticks out??? That image station looks like a cool place to put pictures. Let me try that.

Warren S

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wonder if the wrong part was packed in the correctly labeled box. Maybe their packaging dept screwed up? Part revision w/o the tabs?

OP
OP
V

viperpilot99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sony ImageStation: Permalink

Here are the two filters in my box. The k&n fits flush and edge to edge the green does not. Green is also noticeably smaller.

Here you can see the green filter removed with no tabs. Also note that I had to use A high level of force to rip them out. As I said for them to even fit I had to smother them in with a flat head forcing it in slowing pushing in the rubber once inch at a time.

In this picture you can see that the k&n does have more surface filtering area over the green. I believe that the s&b has even more then the k&n using even less rubber mold and more filter area.

The insert image option didn't load the pictures so I just left the links. Hope that works

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

viperpilot99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if the wrong part was packed in the correctly labeled box. Maybe their packaging dept screwed up? Part revision w/o the tabs?

Thanks for the heads up on the imagestaion but I just got the account. Ill try the others one once this dont work.

Anyhow both filters are the same so not just the one. Also, it does not that "If your green filter does NOT have centering fitments tabs engineering has found that there is no need for that with your airbox. Now those tabs are on the sides? The problem im having is with top to bottom plus the filter element portion is not even filling up the space in the box edge to edge. the rubber on the outside does but just not the filtering area on the other side.

Warren S

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can't see 'em, red "x"s. Try right clickling on the image first, copy the link where its says properties, not from the top address window. The link should end with a ".jpg"

OP
OP
V

viperpilot99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't see 'em, red "x"s. Try right clickling on the image first, copy the link where its says properties, not from the top address window. The link should end with a ".jpg"

Nothing that says properties after clicking and looking around. I did it another way? Maybe it worked?

Warren S

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Here are the two filters in my box. The k&n fits flush and edge to edge the green does not. Green is also noticeably smaller.

Here you can see the green filter removed with no tabs. Also note that I had to use A high level of force to rip them out. As I said for them to even fit I had to smother them in with a flat head forcing it in slowing pushing in the rubber once inch at a time.

In this picture you can see that the k&n does have more surface filtering area over the green. I believe that the s&b has even more then the k&n using even less rubber mold and more filter area.

The insert image option didn't load the pictures so I just left the links. Hope that works

Here ya go...

Humm, they must have made a "revision". Does it say "Made In France", mine has that.

Last edited:

Warren S

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your aftermarket carbon fiber airbox must be slightly larger than stock. If I remember correctly, a few owners had fitment problems with the K&N's on the stock boxes, something to do with the clips, perhaps because the seal on the K&N is larger than stock.

I think the Green's were slightly smaller than stock, top to bottom. But I had to cut the tabs on the sides to get them to fit just right.

Warren S

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Go with the K&N's. I think the seal on them is slightly larger (wider or taller) than stock, but for your CF airbox, it fits fine. That CF airbox was probably designed around the K&N. Go with what works for your application.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

viperpilot99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your aftermarket carbon fiber airbox must be slightly larger than stock. If I remember correctly, a few owners had fitment problems with the K&N's on the stock boxes, something to do with the clips, perhaps because the seal on the K&N is larger than stock.

I think the Green's were slightly smaller than stock, top to bottom. But I had to cut the tabs on the sides to get them to fit just right.

Interesting? So the k&ns fit to big on the stock air box? So guys with ACRs have problems as well you think?

I wonder how the s&b fit in my box then?

OP
OP
V

viperpilot99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go with the K&N's. I think the seal on them is slightly larger (wider or taller) than stock, but for your CF airbox, it fits fine. That CF airbox was probably designed around the K&N. Go with what works for your application.

Your right I tried to improve things with the Greens but oh well.

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not changed my filters because the previous owner said he had just replaced them. i checked them out and they dont look like either the green or K&N...they are a white paper with a Very thick grey solid foam attached to it . the foam has a thick oil on in them. they look very clean . what kind of filter did he install... Mopar Stock? 94 RT/10

OP
OP
V

viperpilot99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not changed my filters because the previous owner said he had just replaced them. i checked them out and they dont look like either the green or K&N...they are a white paper with a Very thick grey solid foam attached to it . the foam has a thick oil on in them. they look very clean . what kind of filter did he install... Mopar Stock? 94 RT/10

Do you happen to have a picture of them?

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Go with Greens. I gained 100 HP with Greens. Honest.