Ground Strap Across Hood - Chopped

Copperhead245

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the purpose of the ground strap that goes across the underside of the hood is (I can guess too)?

Mine was chopped on the driver's side by the hinge (bet I’m not the only one - check yours). Doubtful, but I was wondering if it could cause any problem.

GroundStrap1.JPG

Ron

Last edited:

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plastic and fiber produce static electricity when moving and the ground straps are there to reduce the static. If they are not in place the static may interfere with your electronics on the Viper: PCM, BCM, ABS, Radio.:omg:

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plastic and fiber produce static electricity when moving and the ground straps are there to reduce the static. If they are not in place the static may interfere with your electronics on the Viper: PCM, BCM, ABS, Radio.:omg:

On a new hood that doesn't have a pad... Would there be any benefit with a ground wire ran from the original point near the cowl, to the wiper motor? As the stock wire/pad is done? Or some other grounding point?

OP
OP
C

Copperhead245

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Chuck :2tu:

The wire was very tight, and I can't just splice together, so I'll be soldiering a jumper (though it was still connected to ground on the passenger side).

Good question about replacement hoods...

Ron