GTS Door hinge woes...

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok I have tried everything I can to adjust the door hinges on my GTS (per VCA how-to instructions and a fwe extra methods) but I am afraid that at least the passenger side one may be too far gone. Even when freshly adjusted and fully tight I have to have the door tilted up a bit more than I would like to account for the sag that happens when you let it go. I also thing that my hood needs to be adjusted forward a bit so I can bring the door itself a bit forward to allow my door panel a little more clearance where the armrest part nears the weatherstripping. Both drivers and passengers door panels have signs of wear on this area from scrubbing on the weatherstripping. What are my options on this, are the door hinges still available? I have yet to remove the door panel, but I have heard the hinges are bonded to the inside of the door and not bolted. If that is in fact the case how do you go about changing them out? Any suggestions on this?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If with the door open you can raise and lower the door by lifting the outboard edge - aka slop in the hinge pin - then I'll let you finish this sentence.

I think the hinge is bolted to both the car and the door.

OP
OP
L

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well thats better than I thought, for some reason I had it in my head that the hinges were molded into the inside of the door some sort of way. If they just bolt in that's not too horrible. I can only assume that on the viper hinges just a pin replacement is out of the question. I guess I will give Chuck Tator a call this coming week and see what he has to say. Now I just need to find a body shop that will handle this task with a bit of care/caution. It's a little more important/complicated than replacing the hinges on my daily ****** Civic.:D

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well thats better than I thought, for some reason I had it in my head that the hinges were molded into the inside of the door some sort of way. If they just bolt in that's not too horrible. I can only assume that on the viper hinges just a pin replacement is out of the question. I guess I will give Chuck Tator a call this coming week and see what he has to say. Now I just need to find a body shop that will handle this task with a bit of care/caution. It's a little more important/complicated than replacing the hinges on my daily ****** Civic.:D

I recently had my driver's side door hinge replaced. I had two issues, excessive play in being able to lift the door up and down and when the door opened all the way it would not stay open using the "catch", it would close back on me. The cost of the hinge (new) was $275, including Viper tax and the Viper Tech who installed it, charged me 1 hour labor. I believe hinges are interchangeable from one side to the other so you may want to try and get a used from the passenger side. eBay has used hinges now and then.