GTS popped out of reverse??

Go Hogs Go!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was driving my GTS today, put the car in reverse, let out on the clutch and the gear shift came out of reverse. First time it's ever happened, and I couldn't get it to do it again. What's up with that? All the forward gears work fine. Any ideas?

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't worry about it, my 95 does it all the time. I think it is a user error. If I pay attention to how I shift into reverse it won't happen. If I am talking on my cell phone it happens all the time (just kidding I would never talk on my cell phone in my Viper).

OP
OP
G

Go Hogs Go!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That makes me feel better. Since I started paying attention when I shift it hasn't done it again. Has anyone else had this quirk pop up?

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Go Hogs Go!:
That makes me feel better. Since I started paying attention when I shift it hasn't done it again. Has anyone else had this quirk pop up?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

mine pops out of 2nd sometimes, usually when I dont pull it all the way down. another N. FL viper was having the same exact problem that you are having. would pop out of reverse once in a while, then it was more frequent, then it was, he had to hold it in gear just to back up. Got brand new tranny underwarantee.

CAP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know. My '96 started doing it. I started paying closer attention to the reverse shift. That was OK for a while, but it would occasionally pop out still. It got worse. Dodge replaced the tranny. End of story.