GTS rear end on a RT-10?

TheLongPedal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has done a GTS rear conversion on an RT10? I know the rears are pretty different and there would be some fab work involved, but i think it would look really good on a roadster.

I've been talking to Steve at autoform on doing the conversion, since he did a partial conversion on the "speedster" that he built.

Anyone else know of another conversion?

Heres a picture of Steve's speedster.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
T

TheLongPedal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the back the best. The Split pillar is pretty cool looking too. Personally, I would've left the front end stock.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think in any other color, id say WOW its beautiful.. im just not a white viper kinda guy.

looks like a lot of hard work

its kind of a GEN 1,2,3

OP
OP
T

TheLongPedal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed. I feel like white hides the lines of the Viper, and the lnes make the car so beautiful to look at. I really want the integrated spoiler. :(

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that car. Almost bought it a while back. It is an autoform conversion. I think it is a 2000 model with a 1996 Gen I engine in it. One of a kind for sure.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too love the GTS rear, and always wondered what an RT/10 would look like with it. That vehicle is really a bad example of what I imagined. Manny, Moe and Jack come to mind.

OP
OP
T

TheLongPedal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, personally I dont think the conversion was done correctly, and if I do decide to tackle this project its going to be done the right way and I'm going to use the whole rear quarters not just "mold" on the wing.

The front end will stay completely stock, MAYBE a U.S. Exotics hood. I'm not sure yet.

Just trying to get my ducks in a row before I try to tackle such a big project.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I liked the straight on rear shot. I'm not a fan of the rest of the car. It definitely looks 'kit car-ish' and loses the lines that make the Viper so attractive. Should be an interesting project though.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I liked the straight on rear shot. I'm not a fan of the rest of the car. It definitely looks 'kit car-ish' and loses the lines that make the Viper so attractive. Should be an interesting project though.

Agreed... this is the only picture that looks good; the others do resemble a "kit-car-ish" look and look awful :lmao:

OP
OP
T

TheLongPedal

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Pretty sure this is the only portion im going to be using when doing the conversion. I really want to keep it a roadster and have no intentions on putting a roof on it (unless its removable).

There is going to be a alot of molding going on, but I'm extremely advanced with body work and fiberglass so it won't be that bad.

What are you looking to get for the taillight cover, roof portion and quarters?

OP
OP
T

TheLongPedal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This would be a whole hell of a lot easier if I owned both an rt and a gts, I had browsing pictures online, because I can never get a proper scale of the vehicle. I need measurements.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awful pretty much describes it.

- It ought to be illegal !

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Pretty sure this is the only portion im going to be using when doing the conversion. I really want to keep it a roadster and have no intentions on putting a roof on it (unless its removable).

There is going to be a alot of molding going on, but I'm extremely advanced with body work and fiberglass so it won't be that bad.

What are you looking to get for the taillight cover, roof portion and quarters?

PM sent to you

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd love to see the results of your project. Please keep us up to date with pics.

The looks of the RT/10 rear is the reason I would never get one. I'd love to see one with the GTS rear clip installed.:headbang:

OP
OP
T

TheLongPedal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This probably isn't going be a project I start on until next winter, unless I find some time to do it before then. I just had a little baby boy! :)

So when things calm down a bit I'm going to set out and tackle this thing.

And I agree with you about the looks of the RT rear end, but to me it being a roadster is a little more fun. Why not have the best of both worlds?

I will absolutely keep everyone updated in the progress.

Just have to see the specifics of how I'm going to do this, and any information on the GTS that people could round up for me would be awesome.

top of the "wing" from ground
outside edge of the taillight to the middle of the license plate
highest point in the middle of the quarter to ground
etc etc.

Thanks for the support guys, I promise you this is going to be done by a perfectionist and when it's done Daimler would be proud.:2tu: