GTS versus SRT10 Driving on the limit..

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First and foremost I havent been on here in ages.. so am completely out of touch.

But now that the SRT has been out for a while and I am certain at least the warm weather members have had quite a bit of seat time on the SRT, I would love to hear your opinions on the driveability and response of the new SRT when compared to the GTS.

Specifically is it as unforgiving as the GTS?

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There have already been quite a few post opinionating the drivability and response of the SRT-10, as well as compared to the GTS, and even the RT/10; however, even in the warm-weather areas, not that many SRT-10 owners have had "quite a bit of seat time". Not that many owners have broken their Vipers in yet. Only a few dyno runs have been made. Very few have taken them to the track. And only a handful of owners have put a thousand miles on their SRT-10 Vipers.
You must be registered for see images

luv2race2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All I can tell you is if its not raining, I am driving it!!!
Just passed 1750 miles yesterday. This car can easily pass as a daily driver. It has been real smooth to drive in traffic. The clutch seems to be as easy as a 200HP 4 cylinder! top has become easy to put up and down. A set of golf clubs does really fit in the trunk(small bag).Averaged 12.27mpg around town on, almost better mileage than my 2000 Durango! The stereo system rocks and now that motor is close to completly breaking in........1st gear 25mph....hit the throttle and lights 'em up easily in first then second!!

It is going to the Viper shop for a dyno and a couple of mods!!

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello:

The SRT is my third Viper and I love it!

NO comparison to me in handling, confidence, driveability, performance; no offense to Gen I and Gen II folks, but I have no interest in owning the older models again.

To me, the SRT is darn near everything I could want in a sports/performance car.

THANKS DODGE!

Jim Wallace

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My view is that the SRT is clearly a far superior driving machine. Much, much better handling. Awesome machine.

The styling grows on you, however I still like the GTS styling better.