GTSR

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In 1998, Dodge build a limited edition of the race version (GTS-R) to commemorate the World Championship. So what you saw was most likely the "special" edition.

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have always been confused with them myself. They are regular street cars. I'm not sure how much more they cost but I think about $15K more than a regular GTS when new. I believe the white/blue GTS had the same HP rating as all the other GTS cars but with improved brakes, and a wing?? not sure. They seem to sell used near $100K more of a collector car than a race car.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The GT-2 (the '98 that looked like a White GTS-R) had:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> smooth tubes and K&N filters that gave the power bump
<LI>Same brakes as other '98 Vipers
<LI>A rear wing that was set "null"
<LI>Front side Splitter/winglets
<LI>Flag
<LI>Other "goodies"
<LI>Cool windshield decal
<LI>Oreca labled 5-point belts
<LI>ACR looking wheels (BBS)
<LI>Pete Decal on hood --NOT an emblem
<LI>A special one sold at Barrett-Jackson 2 years ago for pretty big $$. 165k+
[/list]

Dan Vargus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GTSR/GT2s were produced with 460HP rather than the 450 HP of the GTSs and RT/10s. The GT2s were the first to use 18" Wheels, a five point racing harness, smooth tubes, K&N air filters. Also the GT2s have a sequential serial number system in the vin #. A custom car cover with the production number embroidered on it. A ground affects kit (wing, dive planes, side splitters, rear wing) custom interior, dash plaque, and very unique new owners package including signed pictures by the Oreca Racing Team who won the 1997 LeMans and the drivers championship among other races.
Dan Vargus
GT2-001

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget the three White with Blue Stripe '96 GTS's made for the following folks...

1) T. Gail
2) F. Castaing
3) S. Emerling

viperweb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jay Herbert:
Don't forget the three White with Blue Stripe '96 GTS's made for the following folks...

1) T. Gail
2) F. Castaing
3) S. Emerling

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you!!! I have been wondering about the white/blue stripes GTS's for some time now. I had only seen one picture of one before. Would you happen to have any pictures?

dblankenbaker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
sandyvpr.JPG