Haltech FMU With Viper Supercharging?

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has used, or knows much about, a Haltech Fuel Management Unit (ECU, "F9" series) in conjunction with a Vortech Supercharger on their Viper?

If not "Haltech", is there such a thing as a recommended Fuel/Ignition Management device for Viper Supercharging?

This might seem like a rather odd question, but I have a Supercharger system that came off of a 1995 RT/10 at my disposal. I have a 1995 RT/10 as well, and would like to utilize this system.

It would be an intriguing project, or I could just bury this thing in the back yard! Any help or suggestion from the vast wealth of knowledge on this Site would be greatly appreciated. Telling me I'm "nuts" is acceptable as well.

Thanks!

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A haltech will not work with a v10, it does not have the programing. You would need to get a Motec, or some sort of other unit.

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe you may be thinking about the MOTEC system.

If you are interested in supercharging your car, I would call Doug Levin Motorsports. They will take care of your supercharging needs.
-Wayne

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never seen a fuel management system for the Viper however I did find an ignition retard control box

Both of which I believe you will need to get it to work. Hopefully you have experience with what you are trying to do before you hook up that supercharger otherwise bye bye engine
frown.gif

OP
OP
E
Reaction score
Thanks!

Gee, it took less than 30 minutes to receive valuable information. I do appreciate it!

Apparently, someone got this Haltech unit to work in the past. It worked for 15,000 miles in conjunction with the Vortech unit on a GEN-1 Viper. However, I've just checked the MoTec WEB Site and I'm very impressed with what they have to offer. I'll check on phone Monday to see if they have any Viper experience.

I do have experience with the physics and chemistry aspects of this type of combustion augmentation, just not with what you would refer to as an automobile. If I blow the engine, I'll just buy a new one. I'll save the blown one for some FrankenViper experiments, I guess.

Thanks again. If I can't get it to work, I'll go for one of Doug's units. His really seem to be of high quality and workmanship.

-DSM

P.S.: Remember, I'm just doing this as a challenge…