Hardtop values?

Rays94RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have two hardtops that came with my 94RT when I purchased it. Both are in excellent condition, one is original equipment the second is a Gen II that fits flush with the supports. (hardware change required). I generally use the softtop and both of these hardtops generally hang on the wall in my garage. What is the current market value for the tops? I am definitely interested in selling off at least one of the two tops.

v/r
Ray

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do you have hard windows to go with either?

If the flush-mounting top is a Lemke piece, those go for $2200 on his site brand new. Without windows (since it's Gen. II), I think you could probably get $1500 for it in excellent condition. Those are pretty desirable around the community.

You'd probably pull the same out of an OEM top. When I was looking for a replacement soft top, ones in excellent condition were pushing above $1k, so I figure the OEM hardtop is probably $1500-$2000 in excellent condition. I have no idea what they are new, but I know my soft top from Chrysler was gonna cost me $4500.

It's all supply and demand too. In Texas, we need our tops in the summer (because of the sun/heat) and in the winter (it's cold, but hardly ever snows). It's just gotten cool enough for us to drive sans top, so it may be a bad time to sell. However, some of the northerners are already discussing winterizing their cars, but I imagine some of the midwest folks can drive well into November before having to hang up their keys.

I look at my extra parts this way; if it's not getting used, the money I get from selling it will get used for something that WILL be utilized on my car. Maybe I don't get a fair price for it, but I get rid of clutter and can cross some upgrades off my list!

Good luck!

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i just saw a mint double bubble go for 1k on ebay. i bid on it and fell asleep. when i woke up i was a tad pissed.

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you think one of the Northwind carbon fiber hardtops would go for? I'm going to put mine up for sale. I haven't seen one of them on the market in a long time. I would expect it to get a higher price than an OEM hardtop because of how light it is. It's lighter than my soft top.

JPL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What do you think one of the Northwind carbon fiber hardtops would go for? I'm going to put mine up for sale. I haven't seen one of them on the market in a long time. I would expect it to get a higher price than an OEM hardtop because of how light it is. It's lighter than my soft top.

That's the top I have & love it, do you have the Northwind sliding windows as well? I know it took me a while to get those.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The key word is factory, and I would not sell the one you got that was made for the car. If you need to sell one, then do the Gen II, and keep in mind that if you had to order one through Chrysler the retail price is stratospheric --- around 7K retail if I remember correctly. Folks are starting to look for factory ones, so would imagine you could get a fair price with more info ( color , condition, etc. )

Someone who wants one can get a good deal from you and it will be alot less than ordering through a Dealer.

Best of luck,
Bill Pemberton

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the top I have & love it, do you have the Northwind sliding windows as well? I know it took me a while to get those.

I do have the windows as well. I was really shocked as to how light it was when I first got it. Carbon Fiber is really cool.

OP
OP
R

Rays94RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was leaning towards keeping the original 94 top. The other is a black Gen II with the hardware required to adapt to 94. I have never installed myself but the previous owner purchased and liked the look of the Gen II because it mounted flush. I removed when I recieved the car and have had it hanging ever since.

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I also have the Northwind roof and windows on my RT/10. The roof is so light weight and it fits well too. I think the windows look a little dated compared to the smooth Vipermania windows, but they do a great job.

JPL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
how about some pictures, guys?

I put the top on and windows in this weekend:

PDRM0111.JPG

PDRM0102.JPG

PDRM0107.JPG

JPL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not to hijack, but anybody see/hear of the old aluminum tops that required you to be really short or lower the seat?

I was looking for one of those for a while with no success, I guess they are really hard to find, I think Skeeter has one, I just might have to take his. :omg:

Just kidding Skeeter, (I don't need those OCC guys coming after me).:lmao:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302