hardwire V1

whip383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i saw the post and it was very good to wire the V1. but.....cant u just wire it from the rear view mirror? anyone done that? what wire is it?

thanks
chan

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black wire to mirror = ground

Blue/Black wire to mirror = constant power for reading lamp

White/Black or Brown/Black to mirror = courtesy lamp power

redsrt03

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess it will work if you keep your reading lamp on all of the time (provided the circuit can handle the current). Let us know how it works out.

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is constant power supplied TO the mirror, switches still controll the map lights. I tapped that very line for my homelink visor install, no problemo.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Personally, I won't use the map/interior light, as its always on. I want my V1 to turn off when I turn off the ignition, so I always wire mine into the accessory block or any accessory lead (usually the power to the radio). Running a wire to the top of the windshield is trivial to do cleanly - just tack it down to the extreme edge of the windshield with clear silicon bath caulk (comes off without cleanly easily when you want).

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally, I won't use the map/interior light, as its always on. I want my V1 to turn off when I turn off the ignition, so I always wire mine into the accessory block or any accessory lead (usually the power to the radio). Running a wire to the top of the windshield is trivial to do cleanly - just tack it down to the extreme edge of the windshield with clear silicon bath caulk (comes off without cleanly easily when you want).

You will still have the on/off knob on the V1 won't you? That will override the constant power always on. Unless you were taking it out of the plastic case and altering it even more.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think his point is he does not want to be bothered having to turn it on and off all of the time (and of course forgetting once in a while). Also, that requires you te reset the volume each use. Much easier to connect to a run position source.

I posted a few years back about hardwiring. I think I used a blue wire coming from the ignition.

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
it seems so easy to do it from the mirror, ill turn it off

chan

Sure you can turn it on and off but the cig lighter isn't real hard to tap into and you'll have piece of mind knowing that your V1 will be operating every time you're motoring. Good luck.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sure you can turn it on and off but the cig lighter isn't real hard to tap into and you'll have piece of mind knowing that your V1 will be operating every time you're motoring.
Exactly - leaving it always turned on and letting the ignition switch turn it off and on is one less thing you have to remember, and may save you a ticket. It may also save you a dead battery, if you don't drive your Viper very often and accidently leave it turned on for a few weeks. (Not my reason for doing it, mine is a daily driver unless its raining.)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62