Has anyone bought a new helmet lately, SA2005 certified?

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am currently looking for a new helmet to replace my Simpson, and since SA2005 is the new standard it makes sense to make the change now.

However, it seems the Bell Helmets have more features and are a better value than the Simpson helmets, and both can adapt to my Hans with no problems, but do any of you prefer one or the other.

Just looking for opinions from people who have used both?

Reaction score
Helmet City offerers the best price to Viper Owners.

Helmets are to protect your head, so the helmet choice depends on what you think of your Head. I buy the best and lightest helmet available. Which has been Simpson for the last ten years.

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought a Bell Vortex SA2005 from OG Racing, which, by the way, gave me such a great deal that I had to confirm that we were talking about the same helmet. I do a fair amount of business with OG Racing.

http://www.ogracing.com/eshop/itemdetail.asp?ses=514if01w07y0gx197b&itemid=1179&showbrake=1

My last helmet was a Bell, which seemed to fit my noodle better than Simpson, so I stuck with Bell this time without even considering another brand.

I have to tell you that it's a real pain starting over with a new helmet given that over time you wear down the lining in your old helmet to the point that it actually feels good, which of course means it's probably too lose and not as safe as it could be. :nono:

Reaction score
I use a Full Face helmet. Air Bag is active.

There are many reasons to go with the full face helmet. One is chin protection. The chin being hit and pushed back has killed more than one driver. With the windows down going off track at high speed results with stuff flying inside the car.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456