Has anyone ever had this problem with the turn signal switch not turning off ?

HOLLYWOOD1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
This has been a problem from day one and I have just been turning the signal once I complete the corner. What happens is when I turn left with the signal on and once around the corner the signal light stays on and does not automatically click off once the corner is completed. When I over turn the corner by jerking the wheel further left and then back the signal clicks off but I should not have to do this. I have talked to Mark at Woodhouse and I did replace the signal mechanism but to no avail. The car is a 06 Coupe. Incidentally, the signal turns off correctly when turning right. Mark thought that it could have something to do with the suspension as Motons are on the car but am not sure of this. I find it hard to believe the signal switch could be defective once from the factory and once on the replacement. Other than this PITA problem the car has performed flawlessly.
Has anyone ever experienced this same problem and how did you correct it? :(

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife's Buick has that exact problem. car has 160,000 miles on it though so I'm not going to worry about it at this point.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only on an older car have I seen this, but the hook that catches when you move the turn signal stalk is unhooked by a finger on the steering wheel. All parts in there were plastic, so it sounds like one of the plastic un-hook fingers has broken off. As Mark mentioned, this mechanism (or plasticism) is called the clock spring. Clock spring? Suspension spring? Maybe misunderstanding?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte