Has anyone installed these.....

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the question is, why would you? I know that you can't barely even see the pullies on the front of the motor let alone make the sense for spending, a few hundred buck on this obviously cosmetic and totally hidden upgrade. save your money friend, or give it to me... paypal to [email protected]

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if they are noticable lighter there may be a reduction in the rotating mass, that might make you rev a little easier and net a few more horsepower.

OP
OP
L

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First of all, have you installed them?
Second, what makes you think I give a **** if you can see them or not?
Third, do the words rotating mass mean anything to you?
Fouth, don't worry about my finacial situation.
Fifth, move along, I'm in no mood for smartass remarks.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best reason to install these is the fact that the car has plastic pulleys on it from the factory.

There have been quite a few occasions where they have broken apart while being driven.

OP
OP
L

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
if they are noticable lighter there may be a reduction in the rotating mass, that might make you rev a little easier and net a few more horsepower.

Thank you!
Do you know anyone that has installed them?
I'd be curious as to their opinion.

OP
OP
L

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The best reason to install these is the fact that the car has plastic pulleys on it from the factory.

There have been quite a few occasions where they have broken apart while being driven.

Also one of the reasons I'm thinking about this upgrade. I have heard of a number of powersteering pulleys breaking.

Isn't the crank pulley an underdrive pulley as well or did I see that in one of my dreams?

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Also one of the reasons I'm thinking about this upgrade. I have heard of a number of powersteering pulleys breaking.

Isn't the crank pulley an underdrive pulley as well or did I see that in one of my dreams?

Crank Pulley = Underdrive Pulley

I have been debating the mod as well. Pretty close to pulling the trigger. My main concern was loosing some of the cold air output from the AC since it would spin slower.

Just curious, how much does the MOPAR set list for?

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To answer one of your other questions. I have spoken to two people who have installed pulleys on the Viper and both gave me positive feedback.

They both said the engine revs up a little quicker. I will probably do this mod and an aluminum fly wheel at the same time.

OP
OP
L

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've been told that they aren't supplying them anymore. Is that true?
I hardly ever use my A/C anyway.
I'd be interested in a price as well.

OP
OP
L

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
To answer one of your other questions. I have spoken to two people who have installed pulleys on the Viper and both gave me positive feedback.

They both said the engine revs up a little quicker. I will probably do this mod and an aluminum fly wheel at the same time.

That's exactly what I'm planning on doing as well.
If you source some, please let me know.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score

look lethal, maybe you have NO SENSE of humor. I am sorry that you could not see the sarcasism in my "smart ass" remarks. But I simply remember seeing you ASK this boards members, for their remarks/opinions/comments, so don't be an ass because you heard one you didn't like. and since you seem to enjoy hearing my opinion so much, here is more of it.
FIRST- I have several close friends on this board with stock pullies that have had no issue WITH high rwhp and one with a heffner TT.
SECOND- you can save alot more rotating mass by getting lighter wheels, aluminum flywheel, and losing your loser ego.
THIRD-I can't see the point in dressing up MY motors bay with a part you cant see and a part bound to net me ZERO GAINS>
FORTH-unless someone chimes in here with a dyno sheet, no way i am buying this set of poser pullies yields you any ponies (like gears, and aluminum flywheels etc.)Seat of pants feel if any is all you get. IN YOUR CLOUDED MIND>
and FIFTH- I couldnt give two twix shaped turds what kind of money you have. :cool: now if you want i can demonstrate to you my version of rotating mass. SIT AND SPIN!TO EVERY ONE OF YOU FINE PEOPLE ON HERE EACH DAY THAT EITHER KNOWS ME OR NOT< I AM APOLOGETIC. MAYBE THIS WAS BETTER SUITED FOR A PM! sorry ;)

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
here nothing comes brother, i am done with this thread. it really should have never turned into this because lethal had no right taking *** shots at a member obviously being sarcastic with him.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
looks great, now put the rest of the motor together and lets see whats visible. unless you posted this picture to non verbally tell all us how much rotating mass you saved? peace.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the originl pieces are plastic, there is no way there is any savings on rotating mass. Strength is a benefit, though, as would be any change in turning ratio (more "underdrive").

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks great, now put the rest of the motor together and lets see whats visible. unless you posted this picture to non verbally tell all us how much rotating mass you saved? peace.

Hey, I was providing what was asked. You assume that I had stock pulleys to replace. The under drive crank helps more than anything.

OP
OP
L

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

look lethal, maybe you have NO SENSE of humor. I am sorry that you could not see the sarcasism in my "smart ass" remarks. But I simply remember seeing you ASK this boards members, for their remarks/opinions/comments, so don't be an ass because you heard one you didn't like. and since you seem to enjoy hearing my opinion so much, here is more of it.

Maybe you should take some of your own advise.

FIRST- I have several close friends on this board with stock pullies that have had no issue WITH high rwhp and one with a heffner TT.

I haven't had any issues yet either.....and we're not even close friends LMAO

SECOND- you can save alot more rotating mass by getting lighter wheels, aluminum flywheel, and losing your loser ego.

How do you do that? Did you figure that out on your own?
They're on my list Einstien!

THIRD-I can't see the point in dressing up MY motors bay with a part you cant see and a part bound to net me ZERO GAINS>

Ya, but it's not YOUR car and as I mentioned above I'm not looking for bling.

FORTH-unless someone chimes in here with a dyno sheet, no way i am buying this set of poser pullies yields you any ponies (like gears, and aluminum flywheels etc.)Seat of pants feel if any is all you get. IN YOUR CLOUDED MIND>
and

Like you would see any gains on a dyno! I wouldn't expect to see any noticable gains at all. LOL and my mind is clouded?

FIFTH- I couldnt give two twix shaped turds what kind of money you have. :cool: now if you want i can demonstrate to you my version of rotating mass. SIT AND SPIN!TO EVERY ONE OF YOU FINE PEOPLE ON HERE EACH DAY THAT EITHER KNOWS ME OR NOT< I AM APOLOGETIC. MAYBE THIS WAS BETTER SUITED FOR A PM! sorry ;)

I'm not looking for anyones apology.
Just some first hand info or someone who has something useful to add. Which you have neither.

What makes your comments rather annoying is your lack of insight. You see it's not always about the bling or the hp gains, it's sometimes about the overall picture/integrity. It is one more thing a person can do to make their car BETTER, yes better. They are a BETTER quality then the stock pulleys, they are lighter than the stock pulleys and they WILL allow your engine to work easier regardless how minimal the improvement. So it's clear you are not in favor of this mod.
Like I said before.......move along.

OP
OP
L

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
here nothing comes brother, i am done with this thread. it really should have never turned into this because lethal had no right taking *** shots at a member obviously being sarcastic with him.

What a dork(for lack of a better description)!

"Lethal had no right taking *** shots at a member obviously being sarcastic with him."

Grow the f@ck up! Unreal! :rolleyes:

OP
OP
L

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If the originl pieces are plastic, there is no way there is any savings on rotating mass. Strength is a benefit, though, as would be any change in turning ratio (more "underdrive").

They are not all plastic. I know the power steering pulley is plastic, maybe the A/C. The crank pulley is steel.

OP
OP
L

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hey, I was providing what was asked. You assume that I had stock pulleys to replace. The under drive crank helps more than anything.

Hey assumes alot.
Thanks for the pic Anthony! They look great. Much cleaner looking.

OP
OP
L

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
alright compucowboy, you won :rolleyes: i said it before and i will say it again for those too SPECIAL to get the point the last post directed towards you. I am done with this post, it has no signifigant value on this or any board. so you move along ehh! your like a flea stuck on my nuts. SCRATCH, SCRATCH. if you care to discuss this issue further do it by pm and save the rest of us your rants. ehh :rolleyes:

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Your Welcome on the link! Yes, used to live in Edmonton, now I am hangin out in Norcal most of the time.

OP
OP
L

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
alright compucowboy, you won :rolleyes: i said it before and i will say it again for those too SPECIAL to get the point the last post directed towards you.

Who are "those too Special"?

I am done with this post, it has no signifigant value on this or any board.

Where have I heard that before LMAO

so you move along ehh!

What are you waiting for?

your like a flea stuck on my nuts. SCRATCH, SCRATCH.

I started this post *******, so who's stuck to who's nuts? How old are you?

if you care to discuss this issue further do it by pm and save the rest of us your rants. ehh :rolleyes:

You mean save you from making a bigger ass of yourself!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960