Has anyone purchased decent rotors off e-bay ?

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went through this earlier this year and everything I could gather showed that you basically get what you pay for, so I decided to stick with OEM rotors. I called Chuck Tator and got a price from him, but he didn't want to sell them to me because shipping would be ridiculous, so I took the price to my local dealer and he matched it.

viperchick12

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a set and they are great for looks... as for performance I'm not sure

I go to a lot of car shows and with the CCW 505A wheels they look much better than the stock rotors

Weekend drives = no problems
Street race/fun drive = no problems
Track racing = not sure, but probably not the best choice

Not the best picture, but it may help some:
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
W

want a B&W coupe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I go to a lot of car shows and with the CCW 505A wheels they look much better than the stock rotors

Do you remember who you bought them from ? What brand ? Price

They do look good...

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Do you remember who you bought them from ? What brand ? Price

They do look good...

I have ones that look similar (may be the same) on my Gen I. They are EBC slotted and dimpled rotors (they appear cross drilled, but are not). I got mine from JonB at PartsRack, and they were very reasonable (under $600 delivered). I have a few track days on mine (with slicks one of the days), and have had no problems with them. I went w/ different front pads for the track days.

viperchick12

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The ones I have came from iRotors.com

ebay link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Viper-92-02-Brake-Rotors-Drilled-Slotted-F-R_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33564QQihZ002QQitemZ120007694615QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I think they have gone up in price though because I only paid around $250 for the fronts and rears shipped

There is another company on eBay that looks to have the same style rotors at a better price - iparts.com
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Viper-92-02-F-R-Drilled-Slotted-Brake-Rotors_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33564QQihZ019QQitemZ290006528526QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I think all these rotors are is factory rotors that have been "drilled" and "slotted" and then zinc plated. If you just want them for looks then this is probably the best way to go - If you want looks/performance you might want to go ahead and spend the extra money for the ones at PartsRack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302