Has Anyone Used The New Exide Orbital Battery?

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone used the new Exide Orbital battery yet? Is it even for sale yet? If so what model fits the Viper. My battery went dead today and won't take a charge. I am looking for either an Optima or the new Exide Orbital with the gel. I hear about all these fit problems with the Optima so I was going to try the new Exide. For those of you that modified the battery tray to fit the Optima, what exactly did you do?

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got back from 2 weeks vacation and my battery was stone dead . My C5 used to do the same! By the way my Toyota Celica was just fine.

OP
OP
M

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use a battery tender when my Viper is in storage, but not during the months I drive it. I pulled the battery out and it was the stock battery, lasted 5 years so I guess I can't complain. I picked up an Optima red top 75-35 battery today at Murray's Discount Auto Supply in the Detroit area. It was $109.99. I am about to go out and install it. Bought a spray can of battery acid neutralizer at Walmart and I am going to go clean up the acid on the battery tray and repaint it. It looks like it had been spilling out some acid for awhile. Just hope this thing fits ok. The battery posts on this one are in the center, so maybe I won't have any problem with it hitting the frame. I'll post back after I get this darn thing installed. it sure is a good looking battery though.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are available, but you have to cut down the top post to get one in a GTS. You could put it inside the cabin if you make some modifications.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi