Head work, which spark plug

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys with Head work, what type of spark plugs are you using? Did a search and couldnt find answer.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
N/A or forced induction?

Give Greg Good a call or PM him, he can answer all your head questions.

OP
OP
S

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car wont start. When I try to turn the key, it sounds like it wants to start but doesn't. I tried to start it three times and on the third time it did the same thing but I held it a little longer and a slight bubbling sound could be heard.

I can hear the fuel pump engage with I turn the key.

Does the fuel system need to build up pressure? I dont want to keep trying to start it and damage something. Their's new spark plugs (Champion rc12lyc or something like that). No check engine codes when I turn the key to the 'on' position.

When I first tried to start the car, it was in Rev. which I didnt realize. Dont know any other details to give. Its been raining alot where I am lately, not sure if that had anything to do with it as car has been sitting outside (covered) because garage is being updated.

Should I cont. to try and start it? Car oil and coolant in it and fuel (at least the meter says so but its a very small amount).

OP
OP
S

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sorry. I just started from an ol thread of mine. The issue is the car wont start per my previous post
"Car wont start. When I try to turn the key, it sounds like it wants to start but doesn't. I tried to start it three times and on the third time it did the same thing but I held it a little longer and a slight bubbling sound could be heard.

I can hear the fuel pump engage with I turn the key.

Does the fuel system need to build up pressure? I dont want to keep trying to start it and damage something. Their's new spark plugs (Champion rc12lyc or something like that). No check engine codes when I turn the key to the 'on' position.

When I first tried to start the car, it was in Rev. which I didnt realize. Dont know any other details to give. Its been raining alot where I am lately, not sure if that had anything to do with it as car has been sitting outside (covered) because garage is being updated.

Should I cont. to try and start it? Car oil and coolant in it and fuel (at least the meter says so but its a very small amount)."

Just spoke with chuck and its probably the fuel system needs to build pressure (I hope) which I will check in a few.

OP
OP
S

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
01 and yes, had battery disconnected for about a month, (half of that with only the positive wire connected). Just did a Head/Cam on it.

chuck mentioned the Cam sensor could be damaged. I never removed the cam sensor from the timing chain cover and I DID use an adjustable timing chain (new chain, crank and cam spockets) but are identical to stock.

I have not tried to jumper start it.