Headed to HOT Phoenix, where to go?

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am headed to Phoenix for a few days.
Wife is learning some new software, my son and I are hanging out.

What a fun resaurant to go to? I haven't been to AZ, for years. But I remember a Steak Place that had a stage and put on shows. I have NO clue as to what the name is though.

Any recommendations on some good entertaining restaurants? For Families?

Any Vipes out and about, my son would go NUTS to see one while we are out there!!

Thanks

OP
OP
C

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My son is 3.5, and our friend's child is 7, I think.

We are at the Squaw Peaks Hilton. We have rented a car, so getting around is easy!

Looking forward to the trip, even though it's going to be 150*! :D

Plan on doing some golfing too!!

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the kids, try the cowboy/western experience at a place on north Scottsdale Road called Rawhide. Free admission for a great kitschy western experience (should be a flyer for this place at the hotel) that has been around for at least 30 years. Also, downtown we have a small Phoenix History Museum and science museum just north the the Baseball Stadium. The science is all about kids. The western steak house with entertainment you remember might be the Pinnacle Peak Patio at Reatta Pass which is close to Rawhide.

OP
OP
C

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the kids, try the cowboy/western experience at a place on north Scottsdale Road called Rawhide. Free admission for a great kitschy western experience (should be a flyer for this place at the hotel) that has been around for at least 30 years. Also, downtown we have a small Phoenix History Museum and science museum just north the the Baseball Stadium. The science is all about kids. The western steak house with entertainment you remember might be the Pinnacle Peak Patio at Reatta Pass which is close to Rawhide.

Great info!

I think you are right, Pinnacle Peak Patio sounds familiar.
I will plan on going to Rawhide too! :2tu:

What do you know about the restaurant at The Princess Hotel? Is the FOOD as great as I have heard?

Thanks again!

Hockeysnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Also try Jillians at Desert Ridge, it is a huge restaurant/sports bar with tons of video games and bowling.

Check out the Diamondbacks schedule and see if they are in town. The stadium is really something. There is a TGI Fridays built into the Left field stands and you can call in and make a reservation for one of their tables that looks out at the game. For a 4 person table it costs $200 but half of that goes toward your food and the table is yours for the whole game.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[quoteWhat do you know about the restaurant at The Princess Hotel? Is the FOOD as great as I have heard?

[/QUOTE]
There are more than one. I recently went to the Mexican place. I ordered lamb. They brought it out and I look around and no "steak" or meat knife so I ask for a "sharp" knife. I get a perlexed look and the runner leaves. Server comes back and announces that "the Chef has indicated that it is inappropriate to use a steak knife on your dish." I thought he was joking at first, but he was totally serious. So I go at it with my butter knife and to be honest it was so tender I was fine. Five minutes later the matre de shows up with something wrapped in a napkin. He politely explains that they do not keep steak knives in their restaurant so he went to one of the other restaurants at the Princess and got one for me. He ceremoniously unwraps the napkin and presents me with a butter knife that has a point on it adn makes a joke that the Chef mentioned that if I needed a steak knife that he needed a new meat supplier. It was surreal, but the food was great, and the grounds of the Princess are as good as it gets.

Topawam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I enjoyed the south montain drive, even with the stratus... The view of Phoenix from upthere is beautiful. You may have a chance to see some very nice cars if you pass by Barrett Jackson showroom in Scottsdale. I stayed a week last year in AZ and I love it.
Have a nice trip.
Oh I forgot, if your kid likes "Cow boys" the ghost town is a must...

ViperCorp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may wanna leave the golf clubs at home unless you wanna bad case of heat stroke ... or get a 5am tee time.

OP
OP
C

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may wanna leave the golf clubs at home unless you wanna bad case of heat stroke ... or get a 5am tee time.

I know, I was thinking 4:30am? Or 7pm? Might just get one round of dessert golf in!

Are there any weekly Viper meetings in Phoenix?

OP
OP
C

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went out to the Scotadale Pavillions yesterday evening with my Son.
What a great show! Wish I had something like that around me every weekend! Must have been 200 cars!

Lots of old muscle, Vettes, Prowlers, bikes too. My son was in Heaven until he found out that there was NOT 1 Viper at the place!! :shocked:

There was a SRT10 Ram, got tons of attention. A SRT8 Magnum drove in too, he just got he car from Woodhouse. And might want to sell it too. But it was an AWESOME car!

I only wish I had my GTS there. I am sure when Vipers show up, they steal the show!! :2tu:

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Pavilions is a great permanent car show to have in town. Wierd thing is that if you go regularly you realize it is the same people every Saturday. Was talking to a guy with a nice black Pantera and he said he comes out EVERY weekend. It is kind of creepy to think that some car folks are so one dimensional. I mean nice looking young single guy - whoa dude, get a date and pass on the Pavilions is my advice! My theory is to go twice a year, and if you really want to see a lot of cars do it the weeks of Barret-Jackson or the Good Guys show because there are close to 1,000 cars there on those weekends and they are during times of the year when it is not hot. I also hear from the younger crowd that late at night the Pavilions provides a starting point for street racing arrangements.

Casey did you hit Rawhide with the kids?

OP
OP
C

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hit Rawhide last night! Great place, especially for the kids. Saw the stunt show, kids rode the Donkey, women shopped, we drank. :2tu:

Thanks for the help there! Headed Tucson to visit some friends toady!