Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just replaced the bulbs in my car, some yahoo put in 100w blue jobs
and actually melted the connectors to the bulbs. Anyway, I soldered on
some new plugs and replaced the bulbs with sylvania 55 or 65 watters whichever
is stock. The problem I am having is alignment. I read the book, and found
the up and down and left and right adjustment nuts, but don't have a decent
reference.
I need some kind hearted fellow to give me some distances to shoot for.
example. my bumper is 3 feet from the wall and the light hits 20" from the floor at its concentrated bright spot, and the bright spots are 32" apart
Something like that.. Does that make sense? Does the dealer have a
jig or wall chart or something like this? I thought I could get it close
bye "I", but maybe its best left for the viper tech. I hate paying
100.00 for something this trivial. My time is CHEAP!!!
Any help would greatly be appreciated...Thanks....

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Service Manual has a specific write-up for this. Tells you how far from wall, how much to measure up and over.

PETSN8K

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1. Position vehicle on a level surface 25ft from a wall.

2. Tape a VERTICAL line on the wall 5ft up from the floor. Make sure line represents the center line of the vehicle. Verify accuracy by siting along the center line of the vehicle from rear to front.

3. rock vehicle to stabilize suspension. jounce front suspension by pushing down on front bumper 3 times.

4. measure the distance from the center of the headlamp lens (small indication on clear outer lens in front low beam). transfer this measurement to the wall (with tape forming a horizontal line spanning the width of the car). Use this HORIZONTAL line for up and down reference.

5. measure the distance from the center line of the car to the center of each headlamp. transfer measurements to wall (with tape forming a vertical line) to each side of vehicle center line. use these VERTICAL lines for the left and right references.

now, the vertical LEFT edge of the pattern should be 1 inch to the left of the headlamp center line. the horizontal top edge on the LEFT side of the pattern should be 2 inches below the headlight center line. use these measurements to align BOTH headlamps.

the high beams should be correct when the low beams are aligned.

hope this helps.......

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96