1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headlight Lens Covers

Discussion in 'SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions' started by B-DiamondViper, Mar 26, 2020.

1. B-DiamondViper

B-DiamondViper Enthusiast

IMG_0185.jpg IMG_0186.jpg I purchased a 2004 from the original owner last year and he had put a clear protection over the hood and headlights. It has been on there for 15 years so I took it to a shop to have it taken off and some new protection reapplied. When they pulled it off the headlights the lens covers had multiple large cracks so I am looking for some new headlight covers. If anyone has any leads it would be greatly appreciated.

2. MoparMap

MoparMap VCA National President Venom Member

That might be tough. I've never heard of a place selling just the covers, but I guess then again I've never looked for just them.

3. B-DiamondViper

You may be right. I hope not because the entire assemblies are $800-$900 per side and that is assuming they even still make them.

4. ozzie

ozzie VCA Venom Member Venom Member

Well you are going to have to buy a used or new headlight assembly the lens is glued to the rest of the assembly from what I see on my 2010 I'm repairing.

5. creese

creese VCA Member VCA Member

b-diamond, almost 100% sure u cannot just buy the lenses....like ozzie said, they are glued together, they can be separated by baking them in an oven at a low temp, did it to a past car to black insides out, found the instructions on an evolution 8 forum, but a real pain in the ass....hope u find them....

6. B-DiamondViper

Unfortunately you're right. The covers aren't a separate piece, have to buy the complete headlight which is very spendy. Think I will just leave them as is for now. Thx for the feedback.

7. BYAIC

BYAIC Enthusiast

Hum, I thought I was the only one with those horizontal cracks! I have them on only one lense.

Since you did not see them when they had a protective film the logical conclusion is that clear protective film will make them invisible to the eye. I am not all that bothered with it at the moment, but when that day comes I will try a protective film first.

If you decide to give that a go please report back your results!

8. oats

oats Enthusiast

I also never saw anyone selling just the cover. From my experience, I just let the case have some few scratches :(. Let me know if you found one.

9. B-DiamondViper

Not sure if they were always there or they developed once the thick plastic covering was removed.

10. B-DiamondViper

Well they don't just sell the cover. It is all one piece. Now I can't even find headlight assemblies. I called basically every place I could find and all the Mopar parts dealers say they can't even order them until August. I found a pre-owned one for the drivers side on ebay now I just need the passenger side.

11. littlecaars

littlecaars VCA Member VCA Member

Call X2 builders—618931-0789

B-DiamondViper likes this.