Headlight Problem

vipertanz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 95 RT10 headlights have started to act funny. When I turn them on it takes like 5 or 10 minutes for them to actually turn on. It almost seems like they are warming up or something because it takes longer the colder it is outside. Anybody have a suggestion about what it might be? I was thinking it might be an indicator they are going out and I might need to replace the bulbs. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am assuming you have HID conversions and they probably need to be replaced.
Never heard of stock incandescents turning on like this.

Good Luck!

OP
OP
V

vipertanz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They are not HIDs it is the craziest thing. I would think they would work or not work. If it is in the heated garage lights turn right on if I am out and it is a little cooler I have to let it sit there for a while for them to come on. I can not think of anything to even check to figure out why.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check the wiring going to your switch. Gen 1's are bad about melting. Maybe if yours is only melted a little bit, that'd explain the delay? Have you noticed any headlamp flickering while driving at night?

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt it is the bulbs since the chances of both going at the same time is unlikely. Did you check the stator?

Last edited:

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it would be the bulb, it would be either on, off or blinking, not warming up. That sure isn't the problem.

No idea what it cóuld be.

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipertanz, don't know if you have a dvm, but the best to way to find the source of the problem is to measure the voltage at the fuse block, relay, and bulb. Then you can identify which branch of the circuit the problem lies and track it down accordingly.

You can also just change out the fuse and relay and see what happens.

If you eliminate the bulbs, fuse and relay, that leaves only the wiring and or switch as the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
userSRTbro_