Heads and cam dyno numbers inside...

Tom86ZT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all,
We just dynoed Mike D's 2001 Sapphire Blue GTS, one of our SMS racing customer cars after we installed BTR stage 2 heads and cam (thanks Tom Welch).
Full list of mods include:
BTR stage 2 ported heads,
Comp Cam
1.7 roller rockers
Headers/exhaust

Well, to say the least the car made great power and torque
numbers are 517rwhp, and 560rwtq. This car made and increase of approx. 100rwhp and 110rwtq. Mike the owner describes the car afterwards as, "exactly what the car needed". We will be heading to the track on sunday and see what the new numbers give us.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What track do you guys race at??? I didn't realize head/cams could yield that much power.

DRBSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
J Dawg............Heads and Cam packages can definitely yield that kind of increase in RWHP & RWT. In fact, I was over at RSI in Houston this afternoon and had the pleasure of watching one of there new packages, the RSI 600 package, on the dyno. This '02 Viper had headers, exhaust, T&D rockers and, get this, HEADS ONLY........NO CAM!!! The dyno results showed 528 RWHP and 533 RWT....... and that's with 3:45 gears!!!!! Don't know who the owner is, but he will be one happy camper!! I have also witnessed at least four other RSI Heads & Cam cars (RSI 650 package) dyno around 570 RWHP and 580 RWT........Awesome numbers!!!

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maverick is correct........your personal requirements... items like drivability, performance, forced air, Nitrous, available gasoline quality, emissions, maintenance interval and many other factors should add up to what you are looking for.

I personally like something in the "520 ISH" RWHP range on a 488 ci engine. The correct camshaft with this combo will net excellent results on a simple nitrous system(well in excess of 750 RWHP and 900+ RWTorque) without compromising drivability.

Best of luck in your search. Feel free to check our website for assorted head/cam packages or give us a call or email for more information.

Tom

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you make 700 RWHP safely in a cast piston car ?

700RWHP normally aspirated on cast pistons? S/C? Nitrous? I built an 01 utilizing BTR Heads, BTR N20 Cam and BTR 2 Stage Nitrous which made 693rwhp and 870rwtq conservatively tuned because of the cast pistons.

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does the 94 RT/10 have forged or cast pistons? Also, can you get these head / cam packages for this year RT/10 or is it just for gen II and above? ( I would imagine if you could, you would get roughly the same amount of hp increase??? )

HouseofSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Head and cam numbers with exhaust components can easily hit the mid 500s....

I don't see a low 500 number being that impressive really.

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We dynoed our Gen1 643Hp and 663 torque with a Moderate Head/Camshaft/Rockers/Headers combo.

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's actually built for Nitrous, but the race series we are running doesn't allow Nitrous. 10.70 all day on motor.
The heads are wery well designed, with a lot of flow "under the curve".