Heater blows cold

FlashFyre

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used the heat for the time yesterday and the top vent selection would not blow warm/hot. The bottom selection for the feet worked tho. Air came out of the top vents but would be cold. And yes, I selected heat on the temperature control. Any ideas?

Thanks

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The air ducting does not allow heated air to the dash vents.

I second that. The HVAC system is very basic. Just wait untill you want to temper the A/C with a bit of heat.... On those warm but not hot days.... Or maybe you want to dehumidify the cabin a bit by recirculating cabin air with A/C on (to drop the moisture) and adding some heater to warm it back up some..?..

Good luck... Your controls are working as designed I'd bet.

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a question relating to this. The other day I put the selector on floor and defrost and the temp. all the way cold. It was warm out and it felt like the air condt. was on. Does the compressor come on under these conditions? I also noticed cold air coming out when I selected the defrost position.
Thanks

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a question relating to this. The other day I put the selector on floor and defrost and the temp. all the way cold. It was warm out and it felt like the air condt. was on. Does the compressor come on under these conditions? I also noticed cold air coming out when I selected the defrost position.
Thanks

Yes. A/C compresser runs in defrost mode. (cycles on evap. pressure). Adjust the knob to add heat if you get too much cold air or the windshield starts to fog near the bottom....

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is true!! But it's a bit touchy and slow to respond IMO.

Yes, that is because the temperature control is done by controlling coolant flow through the heater core rather than by air flow mixing (of hot and cold air.) You have to wait until the heater core temp stabilizes at the temp you want.