Hello from a Viper Newbie

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I just purchased a 2001 Viper GTS ACR yesterday afternoon. It was the last new 2001 Viper GTS ACR in the country (at least that's what they told me). I guess I got a good deal...I traded two cars for it (1996 Supercharged Mustang, 2002 Honda S2000)...so now I only have one extra-curricular vehicle
frown.gif
. But hey it's my dream car, so I am not soooo bad off.

I did not get to take it home yet
frown.gif
, because they have to change all the fluids, perform all back recalls (seat belt?), replace the battery, and such (It has been on their showroom floor for 2 years). I will pick it up Monday if all goes well. They told me they have to get a verbal OK from Chrysler Financial cuz the loans over $50K or something. They still would have let me take it home last night (except the car was not ready), because they said it was pretty much a done deal.

I hope I do not die from an anxiety-attack today...not to mention tommorrow when I have to go to work, and wait for the dealer to service it........
dead.gif

Well hello

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WELCOME Dude!!!
Well, you just made a decision that you WILL NEVER REGRET!

2001 Was the strongest year for Vipers!
wink.gif

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello and Congartulations,
How about some details on the car? Color? Does it have the comfort group? Its an awesome ride..enjoy!

OP
OP
C

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, It's sapphire blue with the gray stripes ($1500 each one), and of course it has the convience group. I here it get very hot in there. What is truly sad is that I have never even ridden in a Viper, much less driven one. So I told them I would be driving the car before I sign anything...but I really don't think I will back out.
bounce.gif

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CarDude:
I traded two cars for it (1996 Supercharged Mustang, 2002 Honda S2000)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

See, it takes en a while, but ricers do eventually wake up and realize the error of their ways. Its good to see that the faith is earning new recruits.

CarDude remember, to survive here you must <FONT COLOR="Red">NOT</FONT c>:
- In any way compare your ACR to the S2k.
- Infer that the Rt guys are somehow inferior (even though we know the truth)
- Ask Chuck how many Vipers he has (though everyone does)
- Ask Craig how many Vipers he has (pandoras box...trust me)
- Post any "flashed" tales without photographic proof.
- Race a civic (even if goaded unless under the supervision of a VCA Veteren)

There I think that about covers it all. Welcome and enjoy.

OP
OP
C

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice Bonkers
wink.gif
. I am sure I will break almost all the rules; so let me be the first to apologize. I will reference this message with a numerical value of let's say 1320. So from henceforth upon accidentally insulting an R/T owner, referring to or comparing the rice I have owned (S2000, GSR, GS, CRX, R-6), or asking the two gentlemen in question how many Vipers they own, I will submit the now standardized reference number 1320 to invoke a standardized apology.
supergrin.gif

ceieio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT COLOR="Black">You are going to have a blast in that car! You might as well sign before you drive it as you will not want to pull over and do all the paperwork garbage once you turn a wheel!</FONT c>

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cardude- For what its worth. The guy in the 92 RT says welcome. You do not need to test it to buy it. The car will greatly exceed your expectations.

OP
OP
C

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the welcome and for the humor. I look forward to becoming a more knowledgeable owner/enthusiast.

BTW where can I find the production number for my car? i.e. how many where built etc...

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CarDude,
Welcome to Viper Nation. Congratulations on you new ride, you're gonna have a blast driving it. Beware of the modifications....they're really addictive.
supergrin.gif

Check out Viper Registry for production numbers.

Don

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome CarDude!,
I believe we've met before on a drive I took with the s2000 club over Loveland past last year
wink.gif
I still own a rarely driven Red 2001 S2k (for sale). Enjoy the ride!

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
CarDude, Welcome and remember, Dodge marked all of the fast Vipers with stripes so we would know which ones were best. 2001 being the high point of production excellence and speed from the factory.
Have fun on those mountain roads, you will love it.

OP
OP
C

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Don:
Welcome CarDude!,
I believe we've met before on a drive I took with the s2000 club over Loveland past last year
wink.gif
I still own a rarely driven Red 2001 S2k (for sale). Enjoy the ride!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I told my wife that I would not drive the Viper like I drove the S2K up Loveland Pass
wink.gif
. I was drafting (or tailgating) Paul at about 80 and all I can remember my wife saying was, "...your really close to the edge, your really close to the edge...". That was a blast, especially the roundy-round at the park...I did that thing three times and lead the entire group thru it once, man does the S2K drift. I hope there are drives like that w/ the Viper group.

Now that I have possible offended those Viper owners who do not recommend, appreciate, nor practice my love of car high-jinks I can only say "reference # 1320"
supergrin.gif

Don

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CarDude:
Well, I told my wife that I would not drive the Viper like I drove the S2K up Loveland Pass
wink.gif
. I was drafting (or tailgating) Paul at about 80 and all I can remember my wife saying was, "...your really close to the edge, your really close to the edge...". That was a blast, especially the roundy-round at the park...I did that thing three times and lead the entire group thru it once, man does the S2K drift. I hope there are drives like that w/ the Viper group.

Now that I have possible offended those Viper owners who do not recommend, appreciate, nor practice my love of car high-jinks I can only say "reference # 1320"
supergrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I seem to recall something about your car sliding everytime you touched the paint. That's pushing it pretty close to the edge I'd imagine
wink.gif

OP
OP
C

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Don:
I seem to recall something about your car sliding everytime you touched the paint. That's pushing it pretty close to the edge I'd imagine
wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I need to go to Second Creek bad...I have a disease (called speed), and I don't want to die from it.
dead.gif

Mike - in Denver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This will be your favorite car ever (until you get your next Viper)! The one I bought and promised my wife would last 5 years already has another one sitting beside in in the garage.

An extravagance, once tasted, becomes a necessity.

See you on the road.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
argh...I think my heart is going to stop if I don't pick it up soon.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I know from experience that the fever can rip you to shreds. Imagine having to wait 93 days because some idiotic zoning ordinance...

OP
OP
C

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's mine, all mine, and in my garage...OMG I love it.....I will post pictures when I have some good ones and when I figure out how. Does this website host any?

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CarDude:

Welcome. Great color combo....have a great time getting it broken in. You're going to love this car!

Paul

pjb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cardude -&gt; i replied to your posts over at s2ki.com (im pjb over there too). enjoy that acr, and even though you said you dont plan on modding it, i would bet that you'll do something sooner or later...its just a matter of time
smile.gif
have fun!

OP
OP
C

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr U-2:
CarDude:

Welcome. Great color combo....have a great time getting it broken in. You're going to love this car!

Paul

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does it run better after it breaks in...
eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pjb:
Cardude -&gt; i replied to your posts over at s2ki.com (im pjb over there too). enjoy that acr, and even though you said you dont plan on modding it, i would bet that you'll do something sooner or later...its just a matter of time
smile.gif
have fun!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, do you own an S2K as well. I just couldn't keep mine. I have a ski boat and with the Viper (including the short summer) I would find it hard to utilize so many toys (I know what a dilemma). My Mustang sat around a lot. I put 1,000 miles on it last year and only 1400 on the S2K in six months so I felt it was time for a change.