Help a Rookie buy a Viper.

OP
OP
G

gringoray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill Pemberton is in Nebraska, much to far away, forget truck delivery... I want a southeast of Florida Viper, I want used, not new.

-Thanks

V

venms96

"I want a southeast of Florida Viper"

Ain't much southeast of Florida but WATER ! You aren't ready for the Viper, no big deal. I had a ZR1, two C3's, drove other Vettes, cool cars, but really different than the Viper. You're not there yet, might not ever be. Plus, I'm surprised you limit yourself to just a Southeast car because you don't want to drive or ship. Serious buyers will go farther than Nebraska for the right car. Or have it shipped from a Dealer who everyone knows is on the up and up in the Viper world. You sound younger, if so, that's ok too, but you're not ready for 450hp with race car feel. I can definitely tell that. Come on back after a ride/drive in a GTS Coupe or another RT-10. If you were really serious about a Viper, you'd understand the search shouldn't be limited to the Sunshine State. Later......post is dead.

venms96
1996 GTS Coupe
SDMF

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill Pemberton is in Nebraska, much to far away, forget truck delivery... I want a southeast of Florida Viper, I want used, not new.

-Thanks

He has used. He emailed you about it. What's wrong with truck delivery? What difference does distance make? Why a Florida Viper? Florida is known for being a state famous for "washing" titles on salvaged wrecks. Pembertons knows the history of his cars and guarantees them. You will have NO idea what the car has been through from the average private seller. I don't think you're really ready to buy, you seem to be putting up unneccesary conditions. Good clean used GTS's are getting harder to find every day and the prices are rising. Distance, dealer or private, shipping it in, they just don't matter if you find the perfect car.

OP
OP
G

gringoray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Still trying to decide. I found a black 99´ model, 30K mikes for about $38K. Bone stock and excellent condition.

Just curious, what colors were manufactured in 1999?

Thanks a lot for all the advice! :)

GR

D.K.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your definately not Viper material, you really should stick to Vettes(not that there is anything wrong w/ that). Bill Pemberton is highly respected in the viper community. He is not spamming, he is trying to help you. He is a big enough dealer that he is not going to close down if he doesn't sale a car tt you today. If you really did buy a Viper, you would probably have perceived problems/issues with comfort, heat, space, noise, torque, traction, (well, on second thought maybe not torque), sound, color, power, clutch, trunk, speakers, side sills, facia, wheel well bolts, rear exhaust pipe panal cutout bolts, young people, skinny ppl, and so forth.

Nothing wrong with taking your time and being deliberate. This is actually wise. But like was mentioned, you are putting unnecessary conditions on the purchase. Unless you are like 85 yrs old, this is ridiculous. (has to be a southeast FL. car, not willing to travel to get it, can't be shipped a certain way and so forth).

You say your doing your homework, but you are asking questions that do not show this. When I was doing "my" homework I sent 3 months(2 hrs in the evening) going over every post backwards from post 1.( first here, and then on the Ally)
By the time I was finished, I knew most of the regulars on this board(through their posts) andI knew a hell of a lot about Vipers and viper ownership, that I did not know before. That's doing your homework.

I fact, I bought my Viper through my posting here and setting my sights and zeroing in on the viper I wanted. If you look at my previous posts you will see that I bought my car and that it was not even up for sale. I had even gone further than just reading the forum from the beginning. I looked at all Jon's(the owner of the car I wanted) posts and saw what he had said about his own car since he bought it. I knew all the history of that car before I ever approached Jon. All the things Jon had said(good and bad)about his car from the 1st day he brought it home from the dealership, I had knowledge of. The VCA forum can be a powerful ally.

Lastly, you may want to also rethink your stance on getting the car and driving it back. I flew to North Carolina to get mine and had a trip of a lifetime driving it back home to San Diego. Not too many ppl here can say they drove their Viper that far home. I even stayed at Viprvnm's hotel in Alabama and had dinner w/ his family and drove each other's Viper. Like I said..... Memories that will last a lifetime.

:usa:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Still trying to decide. I found a black 99´ model, 30K mikes for about $38K. Bone stock and excellent condition.

Just curious, what colors were manufactured in 1999?

Thanks a lot for all the advice! :)

GR

Excellent advice from D.K.. Especially the part about using the search feature.

http://ivr.viperclub.org/build.php

Sounds like you found your car.

OP
OP
G

gringoray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gentlemen -

Still trying to decide what to do but I am leaning to a 99, 00, 01, or 02. That said, which is the best year? I am not planning on modifying the engine and I want a vert - no coupe for me. I like a different color too, not the same old red, black, etc.

Do ABS brakes really help over normal brakes?

Where can I buy the book - The Vipers Buyers Guide?

Please advise.

Thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas