HELP!!! DODGE CUSTOMER SERVICE *****!!

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you a VCA member? Sometimes regional presidents can assist in matters such as these (although this one may be tough...) They can at least recommend a Viper friendly dealer and a place with good mechanics that can do the repair at a fair price.

Sorry your dealings with the Customer service folks were bad - unfortunately they are oftentimes not trinaed to deal with the expectations of a Viper owner. I've always thought that we might should have a separate 1-800 number for people that buy cars that are $70K - we're usually a little more demanding than the Neon owners....

While yes, this is a known issue with these cars, it is still a 7 year old car that has been out of warranty for 4 years - so it may be a stretch to ask Dodge to pay for this repair.

How long have you had your car? Any way you could work out a partial deal with the prior owner? Especially if this has been ongoing. Was a pre-purchase inspection done by a VIper tech or Dodge dealer?

Others on this site have had this repair done by a good mechanic when their cars have been out of warranty and have been pleased with the results. Do a search on "head gaskets" and you'll be directed to some folks that have already been down this path.

Good luck to you.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need more info:

Are you owner 1,2 or 3?

Did you buy an extended warranty?

What dealer did you go to?

Has the Zone Rep been notified?

What part of Cal are you in?

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave,
Don't feel to bad that's how DC treats the Dealers sometimes! [ME]
It can be repaired with very little out of pocket $$$. You need to get to a GOOD VIPER TECH! Good Luck!

SMCBUILDERSINC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey dave i feel your pain. im going through the same crap with the dodge customer service jerks. are problems are differant but ive been mistreated by dodge reps as well. do a search for dodge sustomer service problems and read my story. if you come up with any good info let me know. good luck dave, wish i could help..

to all those dodge reps who cruise the board; learn some **** respect, we are your life blood, get the hint........

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave- If your out of warrantee, I think your out of luck. I have had some issues with my 92 (rings), Similar reaction. There was a thread last week that someone with a 94, had the head gaskets done for around $ 1750.00. You will need the updated head gaskets. Your tech should be able to get them for you. Word is every Gen 1 car will need it sooner or later. At least now once it's done you should not have to worry about it again. Good luck!

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I AGREE DODGE SERVICE *****. MY LOCAL DEALERSHIP HERE IN TAMPA HAS A VIPER TECH, BUT DEALERSHIP ONLY WANTS TO WORK ON VIPERS BOUGHT AT THEIR DEALERSHIP. THIS WILL BE THE LAST DODGE PRODUCT I EVER OWN. LOVE THE CAR - HATE CUSTOMER SERVICE

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by big wave dave:
it is in mint condition with 35,000 miles.....I own 3 dodge 1-ton duallys and a viper. I wanted to buy a new 2003 when my time to order came up. But I am very upset with how I was treated. She told me to take them to court if I wanted to.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

--The minute you start court threats, their hands - and ours - are tied.

-- ARE YOU A VCA MEMBER? [ Note, readers, the $100 is worth it NOW, aint it? ] We knock ourselves out for Members. 1 national prez and 2 regional prezs have already responded to you! Member?

-- Are you the original owner? If so, your time to order a 2003 has come and gone because they sold out. Waiting list only
If you are not an original owner, your 2003 chance is much later, and your '95 headgaskets are likley a dead end if you bought a used, out-of-warranty vehicle.

-- There was never a recall, or TSB / service action or field action on head gasket leaks. Many 92-95s conk out way BEFORE 35k miles, so you may be considered lucky ! It just added 5-cents per mile to your operating costs so far...........

Frank Parise

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Our Viper Tech in Phoenix at Bill Luke Dodge has dealt with this issue successfully for a number of our members. His name is Eddie Martin and his cell phone number is 602-448-1587. I'm sure he would be happy to hear from you. Best of luck.

Charlie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in Indiana but I have to say that my dealer treats me like I own the place every time I walk in. I hope you get your problem resolved but I can only say if you had a 95 Corvette that wasn't under warranty I guarantee that GM wouldn't give you the time of day. It's been my experience that DC goes the extra mile to take care of Viper owners but you can't realistically expect them to warranty things forever.
smile.gif

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, I have to agree with some of the others. Dodge doesn't owe you a new head gasket in any way, shape or form. To expect a free head gasket on a car that's 4 years past its warranty is silly, sorry but that's what I think. This clearly has no merits in a court case either. A warranty is a warranty 3/36K once its over is over, no ifs, and's or buts. If you get free head gaskets who do you thinks going to pay for them? DC sure isn't going to eat it, they will wrap the cost into the new cars, and everyone that's buying a new Viper will be paying for your free head gasket. Just add the head gaskets into the cost of owning the car, some cars are more expensive to own than others. Maybe now it a good time for some upgrades?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MES:
Sorry, I have to agree with some of the others. Dodge doesn't owe you a new head gasket in any way, shape or form. To expect a free head gasket on a car that's 4 years past its warranty is silly, sorry but that's what I think. This clearly has no merits in a court case either. A warranty is a warranty 3/36K once its over is over, no ifs, and's or buts. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What He Said...........

Thanks for being a VCA member. There are numerous vendors here who will give you a dscount on parts and labor.

But you never told us if you bought it new or used. It matters!
"As-Is" is law in most states, and written in triplicate. It has been widely publicized the things to watch for in a used Viper. You confirmed this one.

Now, lets get you back on the road... $1500-$1700 should do it, much LESS if you have mechaniacal abiulity and tools and time. Not bad upkeep on a 7 year old exotic

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>.......Viper engines have a much higher rate of failure of head gaskets then any other vehicle out on the market. This is from viper techs who state if they are taken into court, they will tell the truth. It is sad that this may be the only way to get attention at dodge, but class action law suits seem to wake up corporate america........ Let me know who is out there that might jump on the bandwagon. And if someone knows someone at dodge that may want to work on fixing this before it goes this far, great. if not....... [/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There you go again, threatening lawsuits, and class-action no less! You did not answer the used-car questions above, so my bet is that you are a used-car buyer, without standing, looking for help here from owners who may HAVE standing.

Your first post on the VCA site is to come on like this?

I DO wish you good luck in fixing this problem, and would even help. But face reality: Used? Out-of-warranty, indeed. All preventative maintenance followed religiously? By all owners? I rest my case. Good Luck !

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike 99ACR,
What that dealership doesn't want you money??

I purchased my car from Woodhouse. Take it to my local dealer with the vipertech. Pay a flat $40.00 per hour labor. I provide all the parts. 5pts, ebc greens, magnacor wires,etc.

It is work for them!! What have they sold that many vipers that thier tech is too busy for you??

unreal!! At least in Florida you have viper people up here (Buffalo NY) it is tough to get anything done viper related!
I am looking into transfering to Tampa
cool.gif

JIM
smile.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte