HELP FUEP PREASURE READS 85 psi

serpent2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
can any one tell me if they have had this kind of fuel pressure.85 psi idle and reving it. 04 srt 10 engine stock with only 3k I apreciate any help.

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Fuel pressure or oil pressure?

What kind of gauge?

Where is it plumbed?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If fuel pressure, too high. Double check with a different gauge. If still high and fuel system is all stock, you will need to replace the fuel pump module as its fuel pressure regulator is integral.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
can any one tell me if they have had this kind of fuel pressure.85 psi idle and reving it. 04 srt 10 engine stock with only 3k I apreciate any help.

As you "Stock" viper only has 3k miles on it I am not sure you are not reading the oil pressure gauge and thinking it is fuel pressure as vipers do not come from the factory with fuel pressure gauges. That is not to say that an aftermarket fuel pressure gauge was not installed.
You might want to make sure you are using the proper viscosity oil. If you are using an oil that is to heavy it would cause a higher reading on your oil pressure gauge. I would change the oil with Mobil 1 with the proper factory required viscosity and recheck the pressure. When cold you will have a higher reading.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960