Help ID exhaust components

Tagoo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I recently bought a used exhaust system consisting of Belanger headers, and unknown HF Cats, resonator and rear section. I thought I'd seek the wisdom of the forum in identifying the components.

All components except the Belangers are 3" stainless. Does anyone know if the HF Cat on the ground in the picture is Random Tech? The Cat has a screen on the inside. Does the screen indicate either metallic or ceramic? Does it matter if you use metallic or ceramic HF cats with a NA build?

Does anyone recognize the (large) resonator on the ground?

You can see, my car already has a 3" cat-back (with ugly welding). I intend to swap out my existing exhaust with the components I bought but wanted to see if I could find out a little about the components.

BTW, this will be part of the NA build for my 2000 GTS. It includes Greg Good 10.5:1 Heads (he's working on them as I write this), Cam spec'ed by Greg, low bleed lifters, 1.7 RR, ported intake, 70mm TBs, SCT tune. I'm hoping for close to 600 WHP.

Attachments

• exhaust parts.jpg
    exhaust parts.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 42

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Corsa system is stainless. Those cans look like my old exhaust which was Corsa cat-back. The shape of the cat looks like my R/T's. Mine are ceramic and there is a whitish-yellow honeycomb structure inside.

OP
OP
T

Tagoo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Dave-
Did your old Corsa cans go in the side sills like these do, or were they in the rear section just before the tips?