Reaction score
For a couple of weeks now I'm having problems with my windows
going up and down...

before I go tearing into it has anybody else had this problem
and what was the final fix....

I don't think its the motors as they do go up and down fine when
they work...

The switches could be dirty ???

I figure if it was a short then the fuse should blow ....

Thanx for any help at all

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dixter,
I had problems with my drivers side only and it was the wire harness going thru the body to the door. The alarm started acting up also. The problem was the wires crack. Our local tech said he prefers to fix the harness rather than replace it, regardless of cost. He felt his repair and extra tape
holds up better.
Dan

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fast Viper Dan:
Dixter, I had problems with my drivers side only and it was the wire harness going thru the body to the door. The alarm started acting up also. The problem was the wires crack. Our local tech said he prefers to fix the harness rather than replace it, regardless of cost. He felt his repair and extra tape holds up better. Dan <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

EXACTAMUNDO !!! Provoke the problem (diagnose) by monkeying withg the door hinge while activating the window switch

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dixter, the windows on my Barbie car work like a champ!
wink.gif
laughing2[1].gif

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the same problem, and it turned out to be bad contacts in the switches. The problem was that I would have to push/pull the switches 3 or 4 times in order to get the motor to activate. Once the motor activated, it worked fine. Two new switches cured my problem.

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my passenger side window doesnt go down either, i can hear the motor goin down but the window gets stuck up and the top. I can jimmy it down, and once down it will go up fine, just wont go down. what do you think is causing the stick?

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't remember the exact name of the part, but I had my passenger side window gear unit(?) replaced under warranty some time ago. It was a 1 or 2 hour job for my tech, Keith Laxson. Your car is still under warranty, so I would make an appointment to have it replaced.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery