Help...looking for a specific post

vette2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys...seems like in the last two weeks, there was a post on here about an SRT10 (red I believe) with pics of chromed HRE545s...maybe 20". It had one pic from the right rear, showing the right side of the car, rear wheel, and the front wheel turned slightly to the right.

Does anyone recall this post? I am interested in viewing those wheels again but don't remember the poster's name or subject of the post. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not Red but maybe this will help...

These are 545r's completely polished, barrells and all. I have more pics in my gallery if interested.

9384DSC02888-med.JPG

9384DSC02894-med.JPG

9384DSC02897-med.JPG

9384DSC02889-med.JPG

OP
OP
V

vette2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Nader. That was a great help. The car color didn't matter...it was just that I remembered seeing the wheels on a red one. Anyway, they look awesome on the Viper. What size are your wheels? I noticed that Manny is selling his 20" wheels. Don't know from experience but wouldn't the 20" wheels throw a lot of things off...like speedo, ride, clearance???

Thanks again...

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The wheels are 19x10.5 upfront and 20x13.5 in the rear. I have no clearance problems but I am not sure what will happen if you run a 20 in the front. I have seen it before so it is possible. As for the speedo, the difference in tire height is minimal - the rear 20 inch is actually slightly shorter than the stock 19 since the side profile is 25. I didnt notice any problems.

As for the ride, the HRE's and non run flat Pirellis are a night and day difference from stock. Th4e ride and handling is much better since there is a 10-15lb weight savings per corner. the car simply feels more nimble and takes bumps much better now even with the lower profile. I highly recommend the change. I couldnt be happier and I am sure you will feel the same.