Help! Questions about 2006 Coupe Passenger Door...won't open.

K

Kaya

Help! Questions about 2006 Coupe Passenger Door...won\'t open.

Over the last few days, even though the car is unlocked, it takes more than a few tries to open the passenger door. Today it has taken at least 5 tries to open the door each time I wanted to get in. The door opens fine from inside the car.

I am guessing some type of accuator or solenoid...I have an appointment with service and I got to pick my mechanic, talked to him about the issue and he will be researching the issue. As well as my husband will be going through our service manual at home (we bought a service manual when we bought the car) I just wondered if anyone else had this problem.

I will keep everyone updated on the problem and the fix....just so others will know.

Anyone who had this issue please respond....thanks Kaya

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Help! Questions about 2006 Coupe Passenger Door...won\'t open.

Are you sure it is unlocked. You have to press the remote twice to open the passenger door.

Timmer

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Anyone who had this issue please respond....thanks Kaya

I've had a similar experience a couple of times. It hasn't happened in a while but I would definitely be interested in hearing what you learn about it.

(from previous post)

<<This has happened to me twice now. All of a sudden the drivers door will not close. The electric door latch will not engage. I tried it 20 times and it would not latch.

I then tried to open the passenger door and the door would not unlatch from the outside handle. I checked all the fuses, made sure the doors were unlocked and still couldn't close the drivers door or open the passenger door (from the outside).

I opened the passenger door from the inside handle and now suddenly both doors work fine.

Anyone have an explanation? >>

Ms Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Since I bought my 2006 Blue and Silver striped SRT 10 Coupe in April, I have been having issues opening up the passenger door. It takes more than a few tries to open the passenger door, and some times I give up and open the door from inside. The door opens fine from inside the car.

Have not taken this issue to the dealer as of yet. Enjoying the ride too much.

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had door problems on a previous SRT that no one figured out. Trouble opening from time to time (drivers side)

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Are you sure it is unlocked. You have to press the remote twice to open the passenger door.

Its not like the gen 2's so if you are used to a gen 2, then your going to have a problem with a gen 3. You have to push the UNLOCK TWICE, to get the passenger door open. I can appeciate what they were going for with this security feature, but its a pia. I liked the old gen 2, that you hit the button once, and both doors unlock.

Make sure you are clicking the remote twice before trying to open the passenger door.

Jon

OP
OP
K

Kaya

Thanks to all who responded. Ms. Viper --- I will let you know about the fix and then give you my mechanics name and number. The mechanic is a long time friend and if he can't get it fixed...no one can. I am sure once we get the fix he can talk to your dealer mechanic. I am sure this is something very simple. Also...the problem has become worse as days progressed. I couldn't open the door from outside at all today.

And yes! I do know how to unlock the car...hehehe....and it was unlocked...I even opened door from inside the car and then shut it and tried from the outside.

I have had one episode of the door not latching. We will delve into this more over the weekend. I just haven't felt like digging through the service manual yet.

Will keep you posted!

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Its not like the gen 2's so if you are used to a gen 2, then your going to have a problem with a gen 3. You have to push the UNLOCK TWICE, to get the passenger door open. I can appeciate what they were going for with this security feature, but its a pia. I liked the old gen 2, that you hit the button once, and both doors unlock.

Make sure you are clicking the remote twice before trying to open the passenger door.

Jon

Hold on! All you have to do is option your GEN3 key fob.

Door Unlock Sequence (unlock all doors at once):
1. Press and hold the UNLOCK button for 4 seconds.
2. Within 10 seconds with the UNLOCK button still depressed, depress the LOCK button.
3. Repeat to return to driver door first.