Help! Starter button's won’t starting it.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Help! Starter button\'s won’t starting it.

I was burning off the last of my rear tires, popped the clutch and it killed the engine. Went to fire it back up and nothing. Lights all working but the starter button isn’t doing a thing. Got a hold of John B. and he thought it might be the switch attached to the clutch pedal. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Re: Help! Starter button\'s won’t starting it.

Ditto on the clutch pedal interlock switch...

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Andrew sorry I missed your call.Check all the fuses in the fuse box under the hood.I have seen one of them blow and cause a no start.I'll try and call you on saturday and see what you found.In the mean time you should be able to push start the car if you need to get it running.

Tom

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Andrew sorry I missed your call.Check all the fuses in the fuse box under the hood.I have seen one of them blow and cause a no start.I'll try and call you on saturday and see what you found.In the mean time you should be able to push start the car if you need to get it running.

Tom

Thanks Tom, sorry for the late call. I did try push starting it a few times with no luck. I figured the fuel shut off with the the push starter. I'll be wrenching on it in the morning and give you a call.

Thanks again

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

And sorry to all about the grammer in the subject.

When you leave your home in a Dodge Viper and come home in a tow truck, it screws with you:-(

ccronald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had the same problem. Push starting didn't work. Turned out to be a 20 amp fuse under the hood. I now carry a spare fuse in the glove compartment!

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had the same problem. Push starting didn't work. Turned out to be a 20 amp fuse under the hood. I now carry a spare fuse in the glove compartment!

A fuse would be great. I have the car at my shop and I'll check the fuses when I get there.

thanks all

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It was a 25 cent Fuse.

20 amp ASD fuse. What ever that means.

I happy and the snake is ALIVE:)

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Damn.. you know your having fun when you can can melt the tires and a fuse at the same time.. Sweet!! :) Glad to hear it worked out with a simple fix!!

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score

I was burning off the last of my rear tires, popped the clutch and it killed the engine. Went to fire it back up and nothing. Lights all working but the starter button isn’t doing a thing. Got a hold of John B. and he thought it might be the switch attached to the clutch pedal. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew

05 and melting off the tires?? somebody is not wasting his time letting his viper sit around...

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Andrew

05 and melting off the tires?? somebody is not wasting his time letting his viper sit around...

I only have a short drive to work every day so I try an make the most of it. I guess I've been making too much og it. 8K on the Odometer.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've never been a fan of the start button... that's one more piece of electronic that can go wrong, and in this case, did. It's just reinventing the wheel. There was nothing wrong with a mechanical, key-turned starter. If anything, it's less confusing.