help turning off my ALARM SET with no key fob, GEN 1 car will not stay running

imabimab

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1994 viper, low battery, alarm set light on. Help!!!

I do not and have never had the key fob since I have owned this car. Didn't know I had an alarm. Battery is charged.

My number is 704 506 5508 if anyone can help me get this ALARM SET light off. Dealership wants me to tow it in!

Have tried to diconnect battery and that doesn't seem to work.

Thanks, Jeff
1994 Black RT10
2002 Bumblebee

racerjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if it would work, but in other chrysler's you need to unlock the door with the key, maybe try to lock and unlock the door manually without the key in the ignition.

Good luck.

RapidTransit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if it would work, but in other chrysler's you need to unlock the door with the key, maybe try to lock and unlock the door manually without the key in the ignition.

Good luck.
And where do you put the key in YOUR 94 Viper?GOOD LUCK.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have experienced this. I also have a 94 viper as well. I left my interior light on for several days before I realized it and the security system locked me out. I had to tow it to a dealership and he had to de-program it and then re program it. I tried to remove the battery several times and charged it fully thinking it would reset itself when I connected the battery. The system was caught in a vicious loop.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried above number...no answer. As I said, feel free to call me...tomorrow.
Same thing here... I just got his voicemail. I left basically the same message as my previous post. They need to do a brain-drain and re-program the security system ... at least that's what the dealership guy told me. Steve might know better :dunno: ??

I can say it's been fine ever since. Just don't let the battery run low on it. If you don't drive it every week, keep it on a trickle-charger.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nobody will post the answer.

The alarm system is the only thing I HATE about my old viper. I located the arm and disarm inputs and installed a secret toggle in mine.....:omg: ??

Last edited:

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Feel free to call me.

Definitely call Steve, he knows his business about the alarms in the Gen 1, that is my advice. He is the reason I have an extra fob and batteries with me. BTW you can pick up a fob and program it for your car on ebay for like 10 bucks, just a thought.