Help With Fuel Leak

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally got around to changing my fuel filter and in the process I poked a hole in the fuel line that runs from the filter to the metal fuel rail that runs under the car to the engine. The flexible line that has the hole is around 10" long and then it looks like it is crimped to the metal tube.
I am hoping that the flexible line disconnect from the metal fuel line somehow and that i don't have to replace the whole metal fuel rail that runs under the car. If anyone has any knowledge of this i would appreciate it.

Thanks
gary
You must be registered for see images

n-mo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gary,

Got an easy fix for you...

Wrap the line with duct (duck) tape and your problems will be solved. And this my friends is the power of the handyman's secret weapon.

You're welcome in advance!

-Nate

P.S. I sincerely aplogize if you're not in any joking mood (as I probably would not be), I just couldn't resist.

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As you can see from the pic- I actually did try with some special rubber tape that I had. Guess what- it didn't work :curse:

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
duct tape work's wonders, when I was in the navy I was stationed on the uss independence cv-62. When a airplane had stress cracks in the wings, we used duct tape to temporaly fix them untill a new wing could be brought to us. But it would be 4 to 6 weeks before a new wing would be delivered. The duct tape help up very well!!!! sorry for the High jack!!!

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary, Look at your local on online auto parts stores for Dorman brand fuel line repair parts. They make the ends, fittings, and some flexible connectors. When I attempted the fuel line check valve I bought parts and you should recognize them here:

186directions-med.JPG

(I couldn't build a valve that held pressure but allowed internal venting, so I abandoned this and built a fuel pump timer to run the pump longer in case you had a starting problem.)

I am sure you can find a replacement end of the flexible hose and flexible hose itself; you'll have to see how their flexible hose attaches to your rigid hose. I suspect there has to be something, though.

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom,

I will definately check that out. The problem is where the flexible line is crimped to the metal line- like you said
Maybe some type of compression fitting like they have for plumbing.

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom,

I will definately check that out. The problem is where the flexible line is crimped to the metal line- like you said
Maybe some type of compression fitting like they have for plumbing.

You must be registered for see images

tronquito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My fuel line from the rear of my engine manifold on the passenger side to the hard line below leaks fuel. Upon taking it apart, I found on hole on the tip of the line. I cannot find the part a replacement hose to replace the hose that has an o ring on one tip and a snap on the other tip of the hose. Does anyone know where I might find this part. I will be forever grateful. Are there any other options other than replacing the hose? Thank you.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fortunately, this line can be replaced pretty easily - other than getting to it. I believe it is an 8mm hard line quick release adapter at the firewall. The manifold end is a 16mm o-ring tube seal. I would think that something similar was used on the V-10 RAM truck engine. Best to remove the manifold to make sure you don't cross-thread the male fitting.

If you can't find one, Racetronix sells a lot of fuel lines and adapters. https://www.racetronix.biz/c/adapte...efi-adapters-quick-connect-female-an-jic/c258