Help with the radiator fan?

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just recently installed a Gen. II radiator fan and replaced the Gen. I fan on my 95 RT. I replaced the connections and assuming the connections are correct, the fan still will not work. I have let the temps. get up higher than needed to let the fan kick in and tested the wires to the connection, and they are not getting any fire to the connector. Where else should I look for problems and should the wires up to the connection with the fan be hot? Any help would be appreciated, thanks, Paul.

SSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fan relay is located closest to you on the passenger side down below of the the pcm where the five relays are. When temp is reached, the pcm takes this relay to ground. You will not have 12vdc to the fan until this relay closes. My guess is you may have something wired wrong. Did the fan work prior to replacement?

- The low speed fan will not come on until temp is 209 & high speed at 216.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I bought a fan from Doug Levin a long time ago and I had a Gen I. I replaced it with a Gen II and for some reason if I remember correctly, I think the harness was different. I had to cut the wires. It's been a while, but I maybe wrong.

OP
OP
P

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for your help I will try and post what the problem is when I figure it out, if anyone has any other ideas please post them, thanks, Paul.

The fan is hooked up correctly and did work before we replaced it.

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get your fan fixed and lets hit I-20 ;) I talked to Alex a few weeks ago and he says that you have a few things done to it, and I still want to meet you.

Steve

OP
OP
P

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah that sounds good to me, we will meet up sometime when I get back in town, tell Alex and Kristen I said hey.