Hennessey Performance

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me preface this by stating that before I spoke with John Hennessey I had read all the information on the Internet and had done my homework. And yet, I still decided to try and do business with him.

I decided to add a wing to my viper and after looking at all the available models, it was Hennessey's VenomAero wing that I felt was the best looking.

After talking to John and expressing my concerns about how to do the transaction, he simple said....

"I'm doing what ever it takes to make my customers happy and focusing on putting the horse back in front of the cart. Let's do this, I'll send you the wing, you open it, inspect it, and then you can decide if you want to keep it. If you don't like, ship it back, but if you do like it and want to keep it, simple send the payment to me."

This man is offering me a no lose situation. He's taking a chance by sending me a wing without a single dime down and wants to (and I quote) "LOVE NOTHING MORE THAN TO HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE A HAPPY CUSTOMER". Of coarse I said YES!

A day later I receive an email from John with a picture of my wing being shipped and a tracking number.

So, now today I receive the shipment.

I must say that I'm very impressed by the way John treated me and do feel he is making an effort to clean up his image. I think that is good for everyone in the viper community and hope that everyone that has had past experience with him gets it worked out. He appears to be making a solid effort.

Thank you for the read and I'll post pics of the car with the wing on it soon.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad everything worked out. This is a good way to do business in general, if possible. Can't wait to see it on the car.

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cody,
I usually dont post on here, but I was thinking of getting the Venom Aero Parts as well. IMO its still the best looking aero kit out there. Thats a no lose situation you described above. I'll probably follow in your footsteps and do the same thing. Thanks for the post.

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CODY,

Now is your grand opportunity to put the screws to him! Don't send him any money "in memory" of all those boned by him. Think of the dozens of people cheering you on if you didn't send payment! Better yet send him an letter/envelope thanking him for the part with funny money from a dollar store in it! :D People may pay you not to pay him! Think of the opportunities here. It's too late for Johnny Wadd to redeem himself.
Normally I would not advocate screwing anyone...it's just not right at all. However, the consensus around here is that this guy has dicked more people than the infamous and now late Johnny Wadd. That would be one good nickname for him...Johnny Wadd aka John Holmes...lol...

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has alway been good with me. He just shipped me a body kit without a wing and it was COD also. I showed up as planned and when we found out shiping was allot more than planned he covered part of it !!!! I didn't even ask him to he just offered. This made it allot easier to tell my customer how much shipping was.

Next I sent him my own personal fuel pump out of my own car to be upgraded for my Roe supercharger. He got it done in good time and already has it on his way back to me.

Now I have a customer who is deciding on doing a Twin Turbo system on his YELLOW viper and John have givin me a great price on it and offered if I needed help on the first install to fly up one of his own guy's to help me.

Smoke V10 I will post pictures soon of Chris' viper with the body kit. You bought his rims you should now try to make you car look similar lol other than colour of course.

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One good deal does not excuse his behavior of the past.

Great, you got your wing (consider yourself fortunate); but there are alot of people out ALOT of money on goods that have yet to be delivered.

Lets talk about people who plunked down some serious cash to get what they wanted. Where was their "no money down" deal when they sent him $20,000 or more for parts that have never been delivered?

If you look close enough at that horse being pulled around the front of the cart you'll find it is nothing but a *******.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe he saw how good Chuck Tator, Doug Levin and GreatBrakes.com are and is trying to follow their lead...but they are waaaaaay out front.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rebuilding a reputation is a slow and painful process, but it all has to start with a first step. The proof will be making amends for past wrongs, and consistently exceeding expections. I belive I had seen a couple of posts that commitments have been made to work with the outstanding issues. I will reserve judgement until those people have had their disputes settled to their satisfation. I hope for all parties involved that this can happen.

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may have some very interesting info for you guys pretty soon ... stay tuned.

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why support this guy, regardless of his behavior now, if he hasn't made restitution on prior "screwings"? I don't care if he has something I want, I will not overlook his prior deals and ignore him. He needs to repay his debts.

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why support this guy, regardless of his behavior now, if he hasn't made restitution on prior "screwings"? I don't care if he has something I want, I will not overlook his prior deals and ignore him. He needs to repay his debts.

The only way John can repay past wrongs is by continuing to do business. Over the past 2-3 months John has seemed intent on doing this. Just my $.02.

NoMercy - keep us posted - hopefully some good news!! :)

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This man is offering me a no lose situation. He's taking a chance by sending me a wing without a single dime down and wants to (and I quote) "LOVE NOTHING MORE THAN TO HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE A HAPPY CUSTOMER". Of coarse I said YES!

HaHAhA...im wondering how much wings my $17,400 can buy ..lol..see its not his money to care about anyway.. :rolleyes: happy you got your part :) HMS why not do a lottoery too..lol

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe what I'm reading. Let me be the first to say that it won't be long till the old cycle repeats itself. "I sent Hennessey ..... and it has been ..... he's not answering phone calls ..... "

If he is repaying customers, how much has he repaid? If he doesn't get his hands on the money from any transactions and any profit goes directly to the "screwed by Hennessey" crowd, I wouldn't have a problem with people dealing with him. On the other hand, if it is left to him to decide who, how much, and how fast to repay .... don't hold your breath. The guy is a crook and should be treated as a pariah here. He cheated your fellow Viper owners.

BTW, I never dealt with him and never will. I am just appalled at what he did and that he is still around here like an unwanted barnacle on the underside of a boat.

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amazing how some people are willing to overlook those who were screwed over by HMS with a simple shipment of a part. Anyone who has been here long enough knows that the problems with HMS are not just a single deal gone bad - it's a history of screwing customers.

Sending someone something COD is not doing anyone a favor - its the only way most people will do business with him at this point! He's only "offering" what most people would demand when dealing with HMS.

Before you get all giddy about a couple of COD orders, I'd wait til every last customer gets what they paid for or their money back, with interest.

After all, that wing Cody got was probably paid for with some other smucks money who didn't get what HE paid for!

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: [******] Performance

Good for you CODY! You're not the only one here that thinks for themselves, there's quite a few that look at both sides then make up their own mind.

The only moral high horse I'm interested in is over myself. That's the only person I can control. As for dealing with anyone else - well, I take people as I FIND THEM, not how others tell me or how others found them - though I listen and learn when there's something actually to learn. Throwing out the baby with the bath water has never been an intelligent thing to do in my book - but each to their own. If I'd lost $20k I'd probably not go back for seconds - but I didn't so I'm not in that situation. But if I did lose my money, and in 10 years time I got a repayment when I'd long written it off - I'd have a new best friend - 'cause that'd take a heap of character to pull off. I do not relate to people who cannot let go of a grudge forever. Bitterness hurts the source more than the target - always.

It comes down to basics doesn't it - a part is good or it is bad. If its good, and you aren't getting ripped off, and you think its good value - buy the darn thing.... period. If someone has a problem with that - they can, will, and are spending their money elsewhere - that's free enterprise. But nobody is big enough to make me feel intimidated enough to tell me where I'll shop, and nor should anyone else receive that kind of pressure. Live and let live!

As for the advice about ripping John off - when did 2 wrongs make a right? Anyone who does that is twice the [******] because they've condemned that very thing only to do it themselves. That makes them a hypocrite as well as a thief if they carry it out. I'm not acusing anyone - I'm just stating the case if that were actualy carried out.

Everyone would like to see the people who lost money get some kind of acceptable/possible restitution right?

there's only one way - read my post in the Dyno/Racing forum under the [******] runs a 9.... thread. It was made yesterday. I never wanted to comment about this whole stituation as I'm not involved - but you'll find my 2 cents there for what its worth.

I'll add this - I think HP will survive, will in time regain respect, and that will make restitution possible. Failure will make restitution impossible... its not rocket science. If HP succeeds - it'll EARN IT and that means deserve it.

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Even if he did offer you a deal you could not lose on.... why support someone that is a known to be dishonest? any why come here to brag about it and make him seem credible? Did he ask you to make a post about the transaction?

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I can't believe it... anyone that wants to, hey, good luck to you. CODY, glad you're happy.

IMHO, I could never deal with someone who has a bad business background. Not only that, I wouldn't want a person anywhere near my car with all of the experiences of bad parts going in engines.. plus, how many times does this type of person "turn over a new leaf", or start a new company, and then shaft people again? Could just be a way to build a bit of confidence, then get more suckers.

I agree the only way someone in debt is going to repay the debts is to make sales, but can you trust them? All this "well he made one good sale, so I'm a fan, and I couldn't give a @#$% what he did to someone else" could be a prelude to "oh no! i got screwed!" Well, don't say you weren't warned! (My comments aren't directed at individuals in this thread, just sorta... to everyone) I take the old "once bitten twice shy" lesson... and I don't have to get bitten myself - watching someone else get bitten is proof enough.

Again, not directed at the people or transaction of this thread... just thoughts on the subject in general.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Some people REALLY like that wing. To the best of my knowledge nobody else makes one like it so, if they want the wing they have to get it from [******]. But selling some aero parts to well known and active Viper enthusiasts like Cody aint like selling a 600 hp motor.

Thankfully I don’t care for any of those aero body parts and there’s too much competition in the Viper aftermarket for me to go to someone like [******] for any real upgrades.

FRANK RT/10

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I have read alot of bad posts about this guy but I think if you want to make a statment how about if everybody here that got "screwed" posts the date and how much they are owed and see how long the list is. Now that would be a big deterent to me if I saw a long list with the amounts.

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How many posts have we seen on here from people who knew what they were getting into when they ordered from [******] only have have the deal go bad? More than a few.

Singling out one customer, torque, is a VERY narrow analysis of a much larger issue.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just because I can look through a keyhole with BOTH eyes at the same time doesn't mean I'm narrow :D

actually, I'm more like a cross-eyed discuss thrower...

I may not set any records, but man I'll keep the crowd alert!

have a good weekend guys - its Friday afternoon here, I'm gone

OP
OP
C O D Y

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Incase anyone was wondering, I sent him the funds today for the wing.

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have read alot of bad posts about this guy but I think if you want to make a statment how about if everybody here that got "screwed" posts the date and how much they are owed and see how long the list is. Now that would be a big deterent to me if I saw a long list with the amounts.

Do a search here and on the corvetteforum.

2002graphiteviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sounds like people just don't learn... Hence why he is still in business...

I agree with the above post - and Janni - I'll reserve my judgement until after he has done this for another couple years... If he keeps it up by 2005 - he might have changed... But until I hear that he has settled all of his wrong-doings with all those people - I would never consider doing business with him...

painexpert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

PERFECTLY STATED!!!!! AGREE 100%