heres a rough figure.

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok...what about the ACR's 100,000.00 a pop. i was trying to get an average price.
still alot of money. I heard that there would be 1500 this year.

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's not anything compared to the other cars though. Even if the viper has equal engineering and development costs to a normal passenger vehicle, those vehicles have their cost spread over 100 times more units. Combine that with the fact that the Viper requires a lot more human labor per unit to assemble and the materials are MUCH more costly (normal producion cars don't have the extensive use of carbon fiber, magnesium and aluminum that the Viper does), your looking at a pretty small, if any, profit margin.

Also remember, the purchase price doesn't go directly to Dodge, the dealership gets their cut right off the top. So as far as return on investment, they are much better off cranking out 300C's or Chargers or whatever else it is they make.

It will be impossible to convince Dodge to continue to make this model on the basis of financial return. Rather, the argument must be that the low ROI of this model line is offset by its prominence in the marketplace and the need for a brand to have a halo car of substance. And I'm not sure that argument holds water.

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so, they should charge 250,000.00 for the viper then? any idea on how many ferraris are built a year? they are hand built as well.

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's not anything compared to the other cars though. Even if the viper has equal engineering and development costs to a normal passenger vehicle, those vehicles have their cost spread over 100 times more units. Combine that with the fact that the Viper requires a lot more human labor per unit to assemble and the materials are MUCH more costly (normal producion cars don't have the extensive use of carbon fiber, magnesium and aluminum that the Viper does), your looking at a pretty small, if any, profit margin.

Also remember, the purchase price doesn't go directly to Dodge, the dealership gets their cut right off the top. So as far as return on investment, they are much better off cranking out 300C's or Chargers or whatever else it is they make.

It will be impossible to convince Dodge to continue to make this model on the basis of financial return. Rather, the argument must be that the low ROI of this model line is offset by its prominence in the marketplace and the need for a brand to have a halo car of substance. And I'm not sure that argument holds water.

No, it probably doesn't make as much money as some of the other cars do. However, how many people do you think stop to check out a Viper on a Dodge lot? No, they might not buy the Viper but they just might look around and buy that mini-van or that new work truck they've been needing for awhile. The Viper brings people in and getting them there is half the battle!

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No, it probably doesn't make as much money as some of the other cars do. However, how many people do you think stop to check out a Viper on a Dodge lot? No, they might not buy the Viper but they just might look around and buy that mini-van or that new work truck they've been needing for awhile. The Viper brings people in and getting them there is half the battle!

That's exactly what I said regarding them needing a halo vehicle---but as I also said, I'm not sure this argument holds water.