Here's the Rules of our "PG" board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Here\'s the Rules of our \"PG\" board

First let me start by saying that I have not been able to visit the board because of my busy schedule. So if I say something redundant, please excuse me.

To all: This site is run and administrated by volunteers to the VCA. Please let me assure you that the VCA believes that the moderators have shown exemplary conduct when it comes to deleting any questionable posts.

What you may not be aware of: The VCA is granted permission form DaimlerChrysler to run and administrate this site for the benefit of the Club. Because of this simple FACT, the VCA has an obligation to run the site with the utmost maturity and discretion.

If for any reason that DaimlerChrysler should feel that this site could damage the reputation or the publics perception of the corporation, they could literally shut us down.

So I say to you: This site was put up to enhance the ownership experience of VIPER. It was not and never has been the intention of this site to help assist individuals in gaining "self-satisfaction".

The fact that DC monitors this site should be enough to see the reason we keep it for its original intention. If you are one of the few that still do not understand why it is the way it is, you are more than welcome to discuss this with a VCA Officer. The moderators are here to abide by the rules that the VCA sets. They are not here to rate your posts. If you want your post to stand, follow the rules.

As for those asking for a "reason" to be sent for post removal? If this is something you would like done great! I myself have had posts removed. I would love to have someone provide me with that information. May I suggest that since you feel that it would take little to no effort, that you meet with Jay and run that phase of the moderating? This isn't to much to ask is it? We never turn away help. You bring in an solution, we would be more than willing to have you administrate it.

Steve Ferguson
VCA Co-Founder &
Past VCA National President

Tenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score

As eloquent a post from exile as I've read, Kid. Bobby Sands would be proud. Though I have to say that the level of hog-pile thrusted upon JonB is perhaps unwarranted and would suggest that the idiot-sociopaths (not my term, but brief and to the point) focus their analytic energies to an earlier thread pertaining to the merits of assessing the performance of a pair of modified cylinder heads in a rather unorthodox manner.

Upon observance of this thread, the idiot-sociopaths left a good-natured gambit with 'lil Whoadie to querie as to the relevance of this particular contest. And then there was a bake-off. At which point I speculate that the initiator of this thread (a made guy, BTW) felt that he had no place to go (much like Richard Gere in "An Officer and a Gentleman") and raised a clandestine red flag to the inner circle.

It is at this point that it is possible that double-secret probation was initiated behind a certain few sleeping backs. I'll say no more other than that perhaps this thread would not exist right now were the above-mentioned chain of events not to have occurred, and that an orange cone was involved in some capacity.

(insert smiling face or maybe a winking smiling face to inidcate the presence of good-natured jest).

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PMUM:

Just sell your stuff and get it to the customer in a reasonable amount of time (for which, I'm sure you'll be roundly praised, as if you just came up with a plan for peace in the middle east!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm more concerned with getting my Motul in a reasonable amount of time! If you really want peace in the middle east, Frank may have a plan.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zippy:

I found Kid and BurnR8's posts some of the more entertaining ones here
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Me too, and ones by Chuck and Gerald as well (and others too). A little smack talk never hurt anyone. As someone else mentioned, deleting excessive profanity, etc. makes sense, but on this board moreso than any other I've been on, people self-regulate, so I haven't really seen a problem...

OP
OP
Joseph Houss

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Great suggestion, which has been discussed previously with some of the "smackers", but it seems that most said that if it was on a seperate forum, "no one would visit it, so we wouldn't go there", which is exactly the reason why moderators have been deleting them in the first place!

I agree, an occasional "smack" leads to great entertainment, and your suggestion could be fulfilled with a bit of work from the "coders" on the site.

Would anyone be interested in a "Adults only - smack Forum?

PMUM

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Joe, the reason why people aren't interested in a "smack" section isn't because there aren't enough people to read it. If that were the case we wouldn't be hanging out at a BBS with no more than 30 people on it. Obviously you don't understand smack. Allow me to enlighten you.

When was the last post that you saw that opened as a "smack" thread? This post is a perfect example of how smack forms. I thought your opening post was insane. To me, you were implying that Kid and BurnR8 got banned and dozens of posts were deleted because they weren't PG. We all know they got banned and everybody got deleted because the moderation was questioned. It had nothing to due with rules violations or profanity. Again, show me in the rules you posted where it says that if you ask why a post got deleted you will be banished from the board.

Smack is simply public moderation. You say something stupid then somebody (often times me) says something sarcastic to point out how stupid what you just posted was. Then somebody responds and there is a debate. The only difference is that some people use humor (the late Kid who is still banned--why won't you elaborate on that?) and some people just windmill with insults (the mean spirited and controvertial smack talker JonB).

Nobody has ever argued for a post that isn't PG. I love it when you guys use the veil of "my kid reads this board..." to try to justify deleting posts and banning people. Show me 1 thing Kid said that wasn't PG (or remotely deserved to be deleted or banned). Besides, if you let your 14 year old roam the internet I guarantee you there are more entertaining websites to visit (which usually include V10 Jenn) than this one.

WAR PG-65!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Joseph Houss

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score

I didn't open the thread to justify anything....but, I see reasons below that may be used for almost any smack (see asterisks):

**Inflammatory statements**, **Inappropriate posts** - Examples: Inaccurate or incorrect information, Non-viper by non-members, Commercial non-viper announcements, Test posts or posting mistakes, Forgery, impersonation or invalid return e-mail. Anything retracted by poster, **Personal assaults or name calling**, **Posts of no interest to members of the Viper community**, Ads (Site includes free classifieds for members) **No return E-mail** (this is post dependent and at moderator discretion).

If any person, (or computer equipment or address assigned to them,) can be determined, by the best information available to message board administrators, to be responsible for fraudulent, non-factual, **confrontational**, or **posts contrary to stated message board policy**, the person or business involved may be banned from board participation or advertising for a period of time deemed appropriate by board administrators, in their complete discretion.

brett

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JTV,
I'll assume you were typing slowly when you posted and didn't get a chance to read PMUM's last post. ( the post times were 2 minutes apart)

The usual suspects don't start trash threads. We usually have something to say about those that have posted the unimaginable(to us). When a member of this board says something racial, ******, uninformed or (as PMUM said) stupid we pile on them. We don't come looking for a "fight" we just point out the obvious. Everything that us left coasters have posted have been well within the boundaries set in red at the top of this thread. We don't want a "smack" forum. It makes ZERO sense. We just want to be informative as well as pointing out when somebody has a narrow point of view. Some of the things posted on this board are hilarious, and that's the "stuff" that some people are posting in all seriousness...we like to point that "stuff" out. It's not a crime, and yes sometimes we throw someone under the bus for no reason, but it's usually one of our own (Adelberg).

Give the KID his posting "rights" and we can move on. By the way KID did you get your $100 back from the VCA when they gave you the boot? Oh I'm sorry you can't post. Let me answer for you.....NO!

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vipermad:
Originally posted by Mike Brunton:
I would NEVER exclude anyone just because it's not what I, personally, am interested in.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Go figure...Mike even invited ME!!!! LOL (just some light humor!)

Not even you, Tony... and as I remember it, YOU ditched US the last time we invited you to the track and comedy show!
biggrin.gif
(just kidding)

OP
OP
Joseph Houss

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score

Brett,

$100 back? So, he doesn't want to belong to the VCA? 'cause you obviously can't think that this website is the ONLY reason (or even a top reason) you sign up for VCA membership? If so, I have news for 'ya.... You don't have to be a member to enjoy this forum. You just have to play by the rules.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Please everyone lets not forget this is JUST a bbs which is Viper Related. it's ony 10 - 12 IP numbers which cost about 30 bucks a year to "lease". Some ppl think here that it's the ONLY thing going unfortunatley.
There is another board w/ just as much knowledge, www.btrviper.com . Once ppl realize there is another site, in the old format, and populated by the SAME ppl that populate this, things here might change. Until then, don't be scared to post over there. I hope things here do change.. Cuz it's not the only thing going...

PMUM

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph Houss:
**Personal assaults or name calling**, **Posts of no interest to members of the Viper community**, Ads (Site includes free classifieds for members) **confrontational**, or **posts contrary to stated message board policy**, the person or business involved may be banned from board participation or advertising for a period of time deemed appropriate by board administrators, in their complete discretion.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know Joe, now that I think about it you're right. I hereby nominate JonB for immediate banning. His personal assaults (horrifying pimple-popper comments that I PRAY no 12 year old reads), and blatently offensive remarks to a broud group of people are not to be tolerated anymore.

Steve, hurry up and give me my moderator wand, I need to take action against this houdlum known to some as JonB.

PS-What did Kid say that violated the above rules? Maybe you missed that question the first 10 times people posted it.

PMUM

Enthusiast
Reaction score

WHAT???????? Tony, that was Racist Frank, not Kid. Email me these supposed remarks, because I've seen everything (so I thought) that he's posted and there was NEVER a racist thing on there. Tony, nobody has any problem with you; you've always been at least able to give an explanation when you do a banning or deletion. To Joe's credit, he is also now at least trying to justify his actions. We may or may not agree, but at least there's an explanation which is all we were looking for.

By stating that Kid posted racist comments, you now have an obligation to email at the very least him these comments.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tony R,

I just want to say that I read the thread in question before it was pulled, and it was FRANK that posted that, NOT Kid97GTS. From what I read, he was speaking out AGAINST what Frank wrote.

So how come he's banned now? Everone likes the guy - let's let him back in, eh?

brett

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph Houss:
Brett,

$100 back? So, he doesn't want to belong to the VCA? 'cause you obviously can't think that this website is the ONLY reason (or even a top reason) you sign up for VCA membership? If so, I have news for 'ya.... You don't have to be a member to enjoy this forum. You just have to play by the rules.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Joe for making my point. You and some of the others keep tying this board to the VCA, and as a moderator and the VP didn't you entertain the "members only" thread earlier? I'll quote you,

"...I have "campaigned" previously for a method of clicking a button that would allow you to display ONLY those messages that come from VCA members..."

"... I'm saying VCA member, NOT Viper owner..."

KID is a VCA member and I can't click the magic button to view his posts.

This IS a BBS for "enjoyment". The KID DID play by the rules. He didn't make any comments that fit into the banning criteria any more than those that have posted above.

Tony, please include me on the e-mails showing KID's unnaceptable posts. Thanks.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Brunton:
Hey, I have a GREAT idea
smile.gif
how about we start a section called "stories from the road" or something. That way, people like Chris Marshall and Performin Norman (I think it was him) can post their stories about giving rides to kids, etc. And others of us can post our stories about winning races, etc
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ouch! I think I posted one "kid ride" story quite a while ago (Norman doesn't drive his car - it's in shrinkwrap
smile.gif
) and try to vary the stuff I post. I don't push the race stories too much, even though I have made 200+ passes with my car, run a few autocrosses (another one coming Sunday) and done some road racing with the Porsche Club (sorry, no trailer or time to get to the nearest Viper Days event). I don't like to post my "kills", even when it was a fellow Viper owner. I beat every other Viper I raced at VOI 6 and that was several. Well, OK, Matt cleaned my clock but I routinely mop him up here in Kansas City (grin). I routinely squash nitrous Mustangs, tweaked Vettes, drag cars, etc. I just choose not to beat my chest about it the following Monday morning. If that is what you prefer, I would be delighted!

Chris

brett

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I HEREBY DO NOT NECESSARILY BELIEVE, AGREE WITH NOR CONDONE THE FOLLOWING POST. IT IS SIMPLY MY CIVIC DUTY AS A USUAL SUSPECT TO PASS IT ON.

Hello all,

I write to you all from the Maze Prison in N. Ireland(I think I have Bobby
Sands old cell)...my hand is weak and my faculties dulled as I am on, and
have been, on hunger strike. As you know, my politics are not popular as I
am a free speech advocate as well as a smack proponent....which I believe to
be SEPARATE issues. For the record, I have chosen not to return until the
wrongs of my fellow brothers have been righted. Kid97...two cells down and
singing Roxanne at the top of his lungs (I think he has been eating)
NEVER!!!! said anything racist EVER!!! he was slamming someone else for
racists comments...that is fact. I find myself on hunger strike simply
because the powers that B (not JonB) are free to edit however and whenever
they wish(their words)...this being said by the POWER that initially banned
me. I am happy to see this thread thrive, and in fact, gives me hope that
we have learned something from all of this. (the guards bring me screen
shots of the thread when they put a T-bone in front of me). The board will
police itself, and if it cannot do that; moderators to the rescue.....and
anything that BLATANTLY breaks the rules should get axed...posts asking why
posts were deleted should not.

Kid I can hear you chewing....SPIT IT OUT!! WE ARE ON HUNGER STRIKE!!!

Reinstate Kid and I will be free to leave my house (Not Joe's Houss) ;-)

BurnR8 -in self imposed exile and hunger strike (Does Zaino count as food?)

brett

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Y2KGTS:
I don't push the race stories too much, even though I have made 200+ passes with my car, run a few autocrosses (another one coming Sunday) and done some road racing with the Porsche Club
I don't like to post my "kills", even when it was a fellow Viper owner. I beat every other Viper I raced at VOI 6 and that was several. Well, OK, Matt cleaned my clock but I routinely mop him up here in Kansas City (grin). I routinely squash nitrous Mustangs, tweaked Vettes, drag cars, etc. I just choose not to beat my chest about it the following Monday morning. If that is what you prefer, I would be delighted!

Chris

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apparently you like to let it build up and then do it in bulk.

tongue.gif

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Y2KGTS:
Ouch! I think I posted one "kid ride" story quite a while ago (Norman doesn't drive his car - it's in shrinkwrap
smile.gif
) and try to vary the stuff I post. I don't push the race stories too much, even though I have made 200+ passes with my car, run a few autocrosses (another one coming Sunday) and done some road racing with the Porsche Club (sorry, no trailer or time to get to the nearest Viper Days event). I don't like to post my "kills", even when it was a fellow Viper owner. I beat every other Viper I raced at VOI 6 and that was several. Well, OK, Matt cleaned my clock but I routinely mop him up here in Kansas City (grin). I routinely squash nitrous Mustangs, tweaked Vettes, drag cars, etc. I just choose not to beat my chest about it the following Monday morning. If that is what you prefer, I would be delighted!

Chris

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chris,

Easy there killer!
smile.gif
... I LIKE reading your stories. What I am saying is that if the administators of the board are telling us that these stories are not kosher for this forum, then let's make a place for it. By ********* your stories, my point was that it doesn't JUST need to be "racing war stories"... there are a lot of Viper stories that can be told, just like the ones that you tell.

I try to give kids rides too, and I love reading your stuff - I wasn't trying to slam you or the stories at all, I think they belong on the board too - so maybe a "stories from the road" area would be a good catch-all for that type of stuff.

Having said that, you have more passes in your car than me, and you make more power than I do, but I will still walk you like a 6-legged Chihuahua
smile.gif
. I'd LOVE to race you Chris... love to meet you too!

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456