Hex Head Bolts or Allen Head bolts on header flanges?

Tim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What’s everyone using on the 2 bolt and 3 bolt collector flanges on the Belanger headers?
Is it any easier to install and take off with Allen Heads over a Hex head Bolts? (the hex heads are a pain...............)
Stainless Steel with some Copper Coat High Temp Anti Seize should make for easy removal down the road.
Tim

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used the hex head cap screws that Belanger supplied with the headers. They are no more of a pain than any other screw that requires a small amount of patience to get at. I did do a "custom bend" on a 9/16 wrench to ease that pain just a tad. I also use the copper antiseize as you commented yourself on that.

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here is what I did on the collectors. I love this idea!

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
T

Tim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know to remove the standard bolts were a pain in the butt and time consuming as I was not able to get a socket onto all of them. You know the drill, 1/8 of a turn with the wrench, take it off and turn it ½ a turn and so on.

I ended up putting my headers back on using grade 8 Allen Bolts coated with Copper Cote. Easier to install and I’m sure to take off it will be the same. Just used an allen hex bit socket and did not have to pick up the wrench at all.

As well the ARP bolts for the flanges onto the heads are a must.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960