Hey Newbee Where Are You????

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could'nt get her in yellow. So i had to settle for black, next best thing. I suppose I could put yellow stripes on it. But that might look funny on a 3500.:dunno:I do like the way yours and HSSSSSS trucks match your vipers though. I am putting yellow stripes in my gym if that helps. and my girls are getting yellow uniforms. I'm even getting all you Red Deer boys yellow peak shirts to wear.;)

And the yellow spandex to go with the shirts and the cars.Or is that just the yellow uniform for the yellow viper group in red deer?

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yah forecast is all over the map here too.................

Weather Forecast: Calgary, Alberta - The Weather Network

That is the job I want (Weatherman) when I grow up, only job I know of which you can consistently be wrong and keep your job! :D

As much as I would like to get out and cruise around, no telling what kind of shape the roads will be in, and I really don’t want to have to replace a windshield from 1 last cruise and a flying rock! Mind you it would have to be from oncoming traffic as I certainly would be in front of the Red and Yellow vehicles! :rolaugh:

Though you just never know, if I get the last of my fall cleanup done around the house I might be able to get away!! :drive:

Tony2

OP
OP
H

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mind you it would have to be from oncoming traffic as I certainly would be in front of the Red and Yellow vehicles! :rolaugh:

Tony2

:lmao::lmao::lmao:Ihave not met you yet, but it will be nice to meet someone with such a good sense of humor.:rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh:

YELLOW STILL RULES!!!:2tu:(If you don't believe you can consider this a Challenge.:headbang::headbang::headbang:

BREADMAN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I havent met you either Tony2 but I can tell that we will have to. That way you can see how good yellow looks in person. Go team yellow. I'll have to be parked though or else you'll never catch up enough to get a good look at anything but the shine of my exhaust tips.:drive::headbang:

Last edited:

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey I think I figured it out!! The "yellow" guys have to use the "Buddy System" to pool their horsepower together to keep up with the others? Or is it due to Yellow cars reliability? :omg:

Hehe - all in good fun just harassing you guys. I dont know if we will get a chance to meet this year or not, but I do look forward to meeting up with you all next year for sure!! Until then we will just have to harass each other on here. :2tu:

Tony2

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
k all talk and no balls eh.Yellow ***** Red Rules and we all know that.LOL I kid kindda.I have been going by the radio for my forcast since least if they are wrong i don't look so bad yelling at the radio...

OP
OP
H

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Breadman,

Click on private messages at top left, click on EDIT AVATAR, follow instructions, and......LETS GET A LITTLE MORE YELLOW ON YOUR POSTS!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

BREADMAN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips HSSSSSS. I will figure this out sooner or later. If the snow leaves for long enough we should get out and take some action shots with these beasts. Team red can get in on this too and anybody else is welcome. But I will post them when we are done. I know 1OF76RT will be in. Get back to me HSSSSSS, but I'm pretty sure it will be in your driveway.:drive:;);)

BREADMAN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You know if you painted her yellow it would get faster. might even get a bit faster with yellow stripes. Just buggin. Hey Tony2 I'm wondering what do you think of that paxton? and what else you have done to that car.

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know if you painted her yellow it would get faster. might even get a bit faster with yellow stripes. Just buggin. Hey Tony2 I'm wondering what do you think of that paxton? and what else you have done to that car.

I have enjoyed it so far, I just bought the car in late July and all the work was already done to it. Nothing internal done just headers, high flow cats, cat back, and paxton. Davenport did all of the work for the original owner, goes pretty good, though I am coming from a twin turbo Lingenfelter Vette which I think had more bottom end torque (hence me wanting to change the gears), but on the top end this car pulls harder.

A couple of bugs I need to work out on it, check engine light is on, Davenport had it in there for oil change and check up, it is throwing a shifter code of some sort but unfortunately at that time they didnt have the manpower to chase it down. I did some digging on the forums here after and believe it is the same issue others are having when installing aftermarket headers the O2 sensor wires heat up and short out also causing a fuse to blow which it shares with the reverse solenoid making it tough to get into reverse.............when I read that the other day a light went off in my head as this one is TOUGH to get into reverse so I checked the fuse and sure enough, blown!! I originally didnt think much about being tough to get into reverse as there is an aftermarket shifter in there.

Anyhow I am off to bed, I will talk to you all soon.

Tony2

was it being tough to get into reverse as the O2 sensor is on the same fuse as the reverse solenoid

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i brought the camera yesterday just incase any other cars showed up after the meeting.But only one red car showed its fangs.Figure if we make it out this weekend then Ron's driveway is the only one that has enough room for all the cars for the picture.Maybe even the cars parkeded around that big orange beast of his.Make for a great buisness card.LOL

OP
OP
H

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waiting on a quote back from Davenports in regards to swapping the rear end gears to 3:55's as well.........working on making it quicker! :D

Tony2

Tony2,
I would do a search before changing gears. You already cannot hook up in 2 gears, right? Have seen threads about this and I know I would not change gears after adding S/C. Unless maybe I needed it on a specific circuit track where the ratio would save you a gear change. Straight ahead though I would not.

RTTTTed, you will see this, give us your opinion since you have been racing cars for "many" years. On a 1/4 mile stock ratio should save going into 5th gear, right?

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello HSSSSSS,

Thanks for the feedback on the gears, I did do some searching before as I wasn’t positive if wanted to do the gears (Still not 100%) as I was concerned about traction.

During my search, or just general discussions I notice some complaining about traction in 1st and 2nd with mods and sometimes stock for that matter. I do not seem to have a huge issue to be honest, I swapped into the new rims/tires (Nitto Invo’s) almost right away so don’t have a good comparison of the runflats, however if I roll on the throttle in 1st or 2nd no issues, obviously I can break them loose if I am trying. On my twin turbo car it felt as if I had more pull down low with the potential to lose traction, I attributed it to the torque of turbo’s at low rpm vs. a supercharger having to wind up a bit more to get the power.

Just for giggles here is a dyno graph of my car from late July, with some complaining about traction maybe I have an underlying issue with power down low??.........................

You must be registered for see images attach

Tony2

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tony2,
I would do a search before changing gears. You already cannot hook up in 2 gears, right? Have seen threads about this and I know I would not change gears after adding S/C. Unless maybe I needed it on a specific circuit track where the ratio would save you a gear change. Straight ahead though I would not.

RTTTTed, you will see this, give us your opinion since you have been racing cars for "many" years. On a 1/4 mile stock ratio should save going into 5th gear, right?

My car went 10.5@139mph with 3.08 stock gears. 3.55s were slower and as you guessed Ron, they required another shift.

He has a Paxton which uses a Turbo style compressor so he doesn't have the torque (as he said) down low. The biggest factor is the traction, if he can use the traction down low to get a quicker time he may be able to use the extra gear. 3.55s required at shift just before the finish line.

I have ported the heads and with the great traction of the PS2s it's possible that the shifting at the finish line may be an issue again.

I'd suggest trying it first and going from there. Once you see where the shift point is you'll know.

Ted

Last edited:

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
P.S. I am not much of a track ****** or worried about a couple tenths of a second time here and there, the intent of the gears is more for the "fun factor".

Tony2

OP
OP
H

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
P.S. I am not much of a track ****** or worried about a couple tenths of a second time here and there, the intent of the gears is more for the "fun factor".

Tony2

I hear you but if WE get to Castrol some Fri. nite next year you will want to get the best time you can. If, like RTTTTed says, you don't have to make that last shift it would be better ET.:drive:

Once you start down the track, the rush will get you pumping and you will want to get the best time you can, especially if there are 3 or 4 other Vipers there.:D:D:D

After all you will have to beat the yellow ones if you want bragging rights.:rolaugh:

Seriously, I would wait and see how you make out. If you can break traction in 2 gears now you will just end up going sideways in 3rd.:dunno:

Anyhow I am going to try out my shifter, the one I broke off going into 3rd gear on our cruise last month. I just had my welder weld it up for me and cut it down by 1.5 in. Talk about a poorboy short shifter. It was free.:2tu:

BREADMAN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just had a team yellow meeting at my place, we are thinking about getting some videoes and pictures of the cars making some tracks, if tomorrow is nice enough. Any takers, team red maybe or green or blue? should be a good time.:burnout::scool:

1OF76RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When tomorrow? I am in not working yet, but that does seem to change quickly. I just got a new hd video camera I want to try out

BREADMAN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't think that HSSSSSS is working tomorrow and I will be able to get away anytime after noon. Probably depends on Crompton if he can make it, or if anyone else wants to have one last run with their hot rod. I'm thinking that we should do the show in HSSSSSS'S parking lot. That work for you?

OP
OP
H

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When tomorrow? I am in not working yet, but that does seem to change quickly. I just got a new hd video camera I want to try out

Cool. Maybe earlier in aft. Get some real good smokers. I just found a wet spot in yard and did 75mph:D:D:D New short shifter works well.:2tu:

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The streets are dry out there? My neighbourhood still has slush on the roads, hoping will be dry by tomorrow as I think I might go for a cruise.

Bad news is after that I will clean the car up and put away for the winter! :(

Hey HSSSSSS, nice work on the shifter fix/mod! Beats the heck out of buying a new one :2tu: (lol everyime I type your nick I have to count the "S")

Tony2